Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted on here much and as the title states I picked up my first diesel last week. I am coming from the car scene where ive owned an evo viii and a ws6 to name a few. The truck is a 05 ccsb with 158k miles, original owner, and bonestock. Its going to be used as a daily driver/work truck. I will rarely to never be pulling anything over 2 thousand pounds. I have came up with a list of things I wanted to get into and wanted to make sure im on the right path.
1. 5" turboback back exhaust, diamond eye or magnaflow
2. efi live with the 5 position switch
3. lbz mouthpiece
4. egr delete
Do they offer the transgo jr shift kit for the 5 speed allison? I really would like to stay away from purchasing a trans at the moment. Can 400whp be accomplished with this setup or somewhere close without exploding the trans?
I know you guys have seen these post 100000 times just looking for some advice.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Sounds good, trans go jr. for the 6 speeds, full trans go for the 5.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good, trans go jr. for the 6 speeds, full trans go for the 5.
Ah, thank you, I did not know that. If I ever have to pull the tranny I might as well have it built anyway as long as the funds are there. Anyone know what the hp/tq limit is on the stock 5 speed trans? I know it is recommended to not go over the 100-120 hp tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.