Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AR Diesel Performance
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the ol German milk cow just rolled over 100K and out of warranty, so my new warranty starts with some deleting and replacing with performance parts. I've done deletes on the 6.7 cummins and familiar with how that is done but i'm not 100% on the LML duramax.

Things I know I need;
Exhaust - Gonna go with a flo-pro 4"
Downpipe - Probably the MBRP
Programmer - EFIlive - Corey Willis tunes
EGR delete - sinister?

What I am wondering is if I need a new passenger side exhaust manifold? As well as I'd like to clean up the engine bay and completely remove the EGR system. What I don't know is if this is done with just blocker plates or do you have to have all new intake manifold ect.? Wanting to go fairly cheap as I want to wait it out and buy a new duramax when the release the next version.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You'll take out your egr cooler and block off plates for intake, you can use blocker plate for up pipe but I perfer using the lb7 up pipe without the y for the egr system I feel like it has to flow better and have heard of the blocker plate you can use for that leaking so I recommend buying new up pipe

·
Registered
351 Posts
Search…

There are a few options.
1 - blocker plates (leave egr in place but blocked)
2 - EGR removal (cap the stock y-bridge and cap or replace the passenger side up pipe)
3 - Y-bridge kit (still need to sort the passenger up pipe)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.