Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats going on guys, need some major help...i was on my to work last night and i was coming up to a stop light and out of no where my truck just turned off and came to a stop...it will crank and crank but no luck in starting it..my friend came and towed me to my Gms house which was near by and i went their this morning after work to try again and still no luck..low fuel light was on but range was 25miles and we went and bought a tank and put 5 gallons in it just incase and that didnt work either, only mods i have is the edge w/attitude and 5inch exhaust...i unplugged the edge and hooked the factory back up but still no luck...also, the check engine light did come on after it shut off and is still on....any ideas?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Did you try and prime the fuel system?

My guess is you ran out of fuel...I don't trust my fuel guage. I have never seen the fuel light come on my truck...but I ran it low enough to have to put 25 gallons in it...I only have a 26 gallon tank! Check engine light will come on when it shuts off because it isn't running.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im headed there right now to change out the filter...is priming the same thing as bleeding pretty much?? or if not how is that done

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yes, you just loosen the bleeder screw and push the pump until you get fuel out the bleeder screw. Tighten screw. Try to start the truck...if it doesn't start, repeat. If it starts and dies, repeat until it stays running.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats why they call you the Super Moderator huh lol...i went and put a new fuel filter and fuel pump relay on it cause the bleeding process wasnt working..so i got some starting fluid not giving up on it being a fuel problem and lightly sprayed some on the K&N and it would start for a sec then die, so i would bleed again the spray..took like 4 times and its been running ever since..only thin now is the check engine light is still on, people said just give it time to go off but i have gone bout 85miles and its still on there so who knows

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
It takes a few trips with out the problem occouring to get the light to go off give it a few days it should go off!!!

Glad you got er fixed up and running!!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah, unless you have a downloader to clear the code, the only way you can clear the light is just to drive it like normal. I think it has to do with "x" amount of times the truck is run up to operating temp, not just start up and shut downs. You could have some oil on your MAF sensor. The only other way to clear codes would be to disconnect the batteries for a couple of minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.