1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just totaled out my truck, I think

it looked bad, really bad.

just had a friend pull it to his house, and its bad, really bad

he wants my ppe tuner and I told him he could have it for a very discounted rate becuase he is doing the towing for me, but.. the key wont come out the ignition and the pcm wont download.. it goes all the way through the menus to return the truck to stock then, just stays there

i dont know what else to do, he has an lbz also, short of pulling my ecm and putting it on his (if we can get the hood up...truck is pretty well screwed... bad)

its worth $350-400 if i can get the truck back to stock and sell him my PPE...i dont know what else to do

my baby is dead...

can anybody help before i start crying... that truck is my only way to work, and i have to work sunday night... i dunno what to do

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Did the airbags deploy?

Could be the reason the key is stuck.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

But to try to be optimistic about it..... when I totalled my 03 cummins, my insurance company actually gave me more than what I paid for it. And well... lets just say that now I'm in an LMM :).

Keep your head on and up. Feeling bad about it does nothing.

Find a way to get to work for the next week or so.... I take it your insurance doesn't cover a rental car?

Also, start looking for a new truck now. You are going to to be getting a hefty check soon.... and that should be going towards a replacement truck.

Another way to try to make a quick buck off it, is see what a similar truck is going for at salvage auctions and get a hold of your local junk yards that deal with duramax's. You will be offered a buy back option from your insurance. Said buy back amount 99% of the time is a lot lower than what the trucks go for at auction (on my truck, i know there was like a $5,000 difference between the two). Offer to sell the truck to a junkyard at a lower price than what they go for the auction, and keep a good hunk of the profit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the airbags did not deploy but i was witness besides the wreck of the towing back to the house... the left side front is curled up behind the ranch hand bumper and the left hedlight is only about 2 feet from the windsheild which did break

thanks, i will try that

tonight of course i cant sleep, i have to work tonight, gonna call my boss to see about a ride to work tonight.. i think he will come get me... my credit sux from my divorce last november...

i may be looking at a $500 craigslist special...

i do have insurance, but i JUST changed companies on the 1st of this month to save money... that is going to fly like a turd in a punch bowl im sure.... to be honest i dont know if i have rental coverage or not

im feeling like the world had come to an end with no hope..

i would not normally ask for this but will ask for everybody to pray for us... I have me and my new wife and my 2 kids and her 4 kids and that was our ONLY means of transportation

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm terribly sorry that this happened man. I'll definitely be keeping you in our prayers. Hang in there.

Sent from my Milestone X using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
don't worry so much....yes it sucks but if you have to get an ole beater for the time being..so what??? Do what you have to do to survive...It's just a truck and you'll be able to get another one later. You'll be fine...Just pick your chin up and put the hammer down.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Sorry man keep your chin up cause things will get better !

·
Registered
572 Posts
what did you hit and why haven'y you called the insurance company yet.

·
Registered
263 Posts
you can always get back on your feet, when ever you walk away from a wreck were it totaled the truck you did good.

i bet you end up ahead.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Where are the pics?

·
Registered
83 Posts
post some pics. might be able to buy some stuff off it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Glad you are ok. Keep your head up. If you believe in God, believe that if he brings you to it, he will bring you through it. You will be fine.

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
If you were local here I'd be hitting you up for motor/tranny T-case Diffs for spares/parts to start a down-the-road build. Point is there are more like me on here, buy it back for whatever, and part it out here quick, or hit up a junkyard or even diesel/tranny builder if the block and ally aren't screwed.
Believe me, my lucks been no better, nor has a lot of my friends, and yet somehow I got a new(ish) truck and we're still all alive and kickin.

"If you're going through Hell, Keep on going"

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
OK, the Key.
There's a relay somewhere that if it's lost contact key won't come out. Damn if I remeber what it was called now, but one night with friends a neighbor had her key stuck in a Trail Blazer. The answer was to check contacts on a relay, or a fuse, I think a relay but it was late then.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
have nt got any pics yet... dont have any transportation to get over to it

got a friend that will haul it back to the house tomorrow, its a a freinds house about 5 miles from home

insurance co has the info and they are going to come out tommorrow and can get a rental tommorrow

my boss is coming to pick me up tonite for work

so... just sort in limbo still

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
guys chill with the pics... the guy just wrecked his truck

sorry to hear what happened! but a least you gotta a rented coming :drink

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
^ X234340958

Worry about any photos when you've finalized with insurance and wish to part out anything. In the mean time, Find that relay and see if it's getting power for the key. Thinking the relay MAY have been labeled Ign. but not sure.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
ah man i'm sorry about your luck!!! x2 on whoever said just be happy you walked away!!! i know what you mean before i got my truck i had only a little honda and hit a deer with it running bout 60 didnt even hit the breaks!!! but it's ok it all works out in the end!!1

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

well, finally all taken care of

insurance paid off truck and took it away.

I took the parts they told me I could, the rear bumper, exhaust system, tow hitch and they allowed me to take the engine ecm because my programmer was stuck in it.

on plus side, that ebay LT interior I bought right after i got the W/T because I was looking for a center console seat... they gave me LT "status" for it. that increased the value enough to pay off the truck and have enough cash left over to get a couple cheap older somethings to drive.

picked up these 2 for $4000 together. not a diesel but it will do for now... not having a truck payment will be nice for a while esp til i find out what insurance company is going to do in 6 months when policy renews

first thing that brushguard has to go... the 03-07 brushguard just looks retarded on the 99... I have a freind that has one that will actually fit it properly, he says he wants to trade it out... he just got an 03 last month.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts