2501 - 2520 of 15477 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
** beep boop bep**

modbot profile initializing........

profile loaded........

beginning assessment........

analysis complete, installation area deemed compatible........

initializing getofflazyassandactuallyfabthatcrap bot......

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,503
Dropping the front diff, part 2/2

Started by removing all the cv axle bolts, and set them aside. Got a big zip tie per side and held the cv shafts out of my way, so they wouldn't be in my way

Unbolted 5x bolts that held the diff up, and dropped it down.....didn't need to lift the truck at all to gain clearance from the sub frame pieces

ImageUploadedByAG Free1400721016.871088.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1400721034.146437.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1400721051.649027.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1400721069.347818.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1400721081.300998.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,505
Took a couple misc photos of the bottom of the motor, whatever paint they use blows donkey balls

You can see the hardware used to hold the diff and axle tube to the 3x diff drop brackets associated with NTBD lifts

Also one last photo, of the......emptiness......flash was on nono

ImageUploadedByAG Free1400721179.386619.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1400721191.407386.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1400721203.996462.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1400721219.572864.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1400721296.190824.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,507
** beep boop bep**

modbot profile initializing........

profile loaded........

beginning assessment........

analysis complete, installation area deemed compatible........

initializing getofflazyassandactuallyfabthatcrap bot......
Maybe just unbolt the exhaust hanger, and make the holes bigger if needed, to work with existing brackets, and use stronger/bigger bolts :)

Then just make sure its strong enough, if it were me I would try to utilize another bolt in the area to offer a different....approach to supporting the unit on a different axis

Get crackin on it :thumb

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,508 (Edited)
Maybe just unbolt the exhaust hanger, and make the holes bigger if needed, to work with existing brackets, and use stronger/bigger bolts :)

Then just make sure its strong enough, if it were me I would try to utilize another bolt in the area to offer a different....approach to supporting the unit on a different axis

Get crackin on it :thumb
Nah

Second thought, just make a plate that touches all three bolts you see in the photo (two for exhaust hanger and one for DPF sensor) and open the holes if needed and space it off the frame and attaché the fass bracket, but only if you can hold backup on the frame bolts.......I didn't check :( probably not soooo something will have to be figured out!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just came here to say

In the mighty words of Erick "someone get me a fire hose cause my duramax is smokin'"

·
Registered
754 Posts
Nah

Second thought, just make a plate that touches all three bolts you see in the photo (two for exhaust hanger and one for DPF sensor) and open the holes if needed and space it off the frame and attaché the fass bracket, but only if you can hold backup on the frame bolts.......I didn't check :( probably not soooo something will have to be figured out!
This is what I'm gonna wind up doing, but won't use any of the stock brackets. Will render it tomorrow at work and save the file for others to use in the future (assuming it works of course).

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
This is what I'm gonna wind up doing, but won't use any of the stock brackets. Will render it tomorrow at work and save the file for others to use in the future (assuming it works of course).
Hurry up. I just got my FASS in, let's doing something cool.

Sent from my Galaxy LML

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,119 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,514 (Edited)
eager to see what you come up with!

our plasma got stolen at work, this past week...... so if i make anything i have to cut everything with a die grinder or a sawzall nono

making a simple 1/4" thick steel skid plate for Cayenne, and right when i get ready to work on it, the good shit from work comes up missing :eek:

Hurry up. I just got my FASS in, let's doing something cool.

Sent from my Galaxy LML
just make room in the engine bay :)

move a battery or something :rof

knew you'd like that :)

i think a red SRW LML with drop shackles and backed off adjuster bolts on a set of black 22s looks pimmmmppppppp!!

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,119 Posts
knew you'd like that :)

i think a red SRW LML with drop shackles and backed off adjuster bolts on a set of black 22s looks pimmmmppppppp!!
That's what I've been thinking about the dually, except not black. The problem is finding 22 inch tires that are load rated correctly and arent 35 inch.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,516

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
That's what I've been thinking about the dually, except not black. The problem is finding 22 inch tires that are load rated correctly and arent 35 inch.

Whats wrong with 35's?!? :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Well I am mounting the FASS in the wheel well. I wanna hit the track tomorrow night and Northwest OHV Park on Sunday. I will remount it later. Stock location for now.

Sent from my Galaxy LML

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,119 Posts
Whats wrong with 35's?!? :stickpoke

I don't want to fender mod nor do I want to re gear. Remember I'm one of the few who use their truck for its intended purpose and I don't mean mall crawling JDub

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2501 - 2520 of 15477 Posts