Votes: 91 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2741 - 2760 of 15477 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
:)

This thread actually has been running pretty smooth without interruptions, and when I say interruptions I'm talking about abrupt closures (besides the usual closing when I got banned a few times)

My other thread below used to get closed when we talked too much :rof

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/gas-burners/134521-body-dropped-build-thread-2001-sierra-2000-s10.html

But this one seems to be chuggin along just fine :thumb

But wait....did you ask Redneck about his thread he made? :rofl

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-lml-performance-parts-discussion/390025-ad165-lml-install-issues.html
Yea when people try to visit on my threads they get moved to off topic TSK

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,745 (Edited)
White pieces on the underbelly?

Guys,

Need some opinions..

While I'm about to paint all my rusty pieces black and get the cognito supports re powdercoated black I was thinking about the ffr tie rod tubes, centerlink, and centerlink brackets..........I was thinking to do them In white?

Like I did with the cognito UCA's I sold to Casey.....

There won't be so much white, but just enough and those pieces are all in the same "line" from the left side of the truck to the right

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Black...you can only a little of it anyway. ...

Sent Screaming Through The Turbo of My Duramax

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Black. All the way. Murder that shiz.

Also, FASS done, thx for the help. Same sound as that other thread I saw earlier though, "gurgling".

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,749
Damn
Guess they'll stay black then!
hOPeFuLLy I can drop them off for Powdercoat tuesday....

Btw, table of contents is updated :D

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,750
Black. All the way. Murder that shiz.

Also, FASS done, thx for the help. Same sound as that other thread I saw earlier though, "gurgling".
You have a fun time priming it?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Didn't even have to do it. Wife accidentally "bumped" the starter............ and by "bump" I mean "held-down-until-started" because she didn't understand :rofl:

Fired right up and works great other than the gurgling sound. Installed the MAXX tune though, holy hell.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,752
Good to know its working :thumb

I saw your fass thread........CHOP THAT HOE! :rof

·
Registered
19,443 Posts
Guys,

Need some opinions..

While I'm about to paint all my rusty pieces black and get the cognito supports re powdercoated black I was thinking about the ffr tie rod tubes, centerlink, and centerlink brackets..........I was thinking to do them In white?

Like I did with the cognito UCA's I sold to Casey.....

There won't be so much white, but just enough and those pieces are all in the same "line" from the left side of the truck to the right

Thoughts?
Go for it!

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,754
More I think about it the more I want to do it....Joe

Because why not right?

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,076 Posts
Yep, no reason not to. Its not like its going to take a lot to keep it clean. It never goes off road.... :rofl

This powder coater, is this something you have regular access too? I don't have anything that needs it now, but would be nice to know...

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,756 (Edited)
Yes sir

He is in tomball, and does work on the side.....since he actually lives next door

It just depends on the size of the piece, which will determine if he has to get his boss involved

I know his boss told me $90-100 to blast all the metal chrome on the truck, where he said he would do it for like $30-40

My centerlink, ffr tie rod tubes, centerlink brackets, in white, along with the cognito steering supports in black will cost me $40 (blast and coat)

And the spindles were $40

My cognito UCA's I sold to casey cost me $60 for a blast and a coat of gloss white

I don't make money off people, just like I don't make money off Texas state inspection stickers, I just do it for the friendship :D

They are the same shop that did my frame and all the other small pieces for the 01 stepside

image.jpg

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
2741 - 2760 of 15477 Posts