• Twins/Cp3 Conversion/Built trans from SDP

Votes: 91 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2881 - 2900 of 15472 Posts

·
creeping on dmax
197 Posts
i'm no expert or guru by any means, but i have tinkered with my truck since it was at its highest point, all the way to its bare minimum, and i've learned some valuable information along the way, well.....i mean what i consider valuable i suppose :)

all i know is what i tinker with, have riden in, or seen in person, so thats why i rant all day long that all these NTBD lifts are the same, but if you find the price is right for the Mcgaughys then get it, i'd like to see one installed and view some close up shots :cool:

criss cross is right :)

definitely a TBD kit

and i agree, i must put my disclaimer out there......in case people listen to me :rofl

i wont bash ANY kit out on the market, TBD or NTBD, but.... if you study all of the ones in a certain application (i.e. TBD or NTBD) they all have the same features, and do the same thing and for the LML platform it seems like the NTBD design is the hot ticket item!

but indeed, with some of these high over head companies your just paying for the name

so many things go into a nice riding truck, i.e. tire PSI, shocks, how much its cranked, jounce gaps

thats why i tell people, set a budget, and get what you want.....dont listen to us nut swingers on here :rofl , and also to figure out your wheel and tire combo first, like people that come on here asking to run a 35" on a stock 20 and are told they need a small lift kit (i.e. 4" Fabtech), well that kit is just a glorified leveling kit, and its not needed, since its been proven over and over that a 35" will fit a stock 20"

but if you know what wheel and tire you want, then your in the right direction to choosing the right lift :)

BDS is just a tad shorter version of RCX, imo.....and metal is metal :)

is this a spare cover you were tinkering with or the original? I'm good with tomorrow if you are? I'm sure i will get off @ 3 so that gives me time to give homeboy a heads up, and to give you time to play in traffic nono

what color are you wanting to do? If your wanting red, i'll have to either show you in person what shade he has or have him take a photo and you decide, if your wanting gloss black,....well then thats easy :)

y u no come back :(
thanks man. your experience shared is appreciated. the dealership is pushing bds because they install them, and it fits in my budget, however i have 4 friends with it and it feels shitty compared to others. id rather pay more $ for a better ride. :D a novice build thread comming soon!

·
Most Known Unknown
29,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,882
Don't tell me what I can and can't drill!

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Like this post ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ you are a strong independant driller ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don't need no new spindles ~ ~ ~ ~

╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
As long as you don't drill them and flip them .......

·
Most Known Unknown
29,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,883
thanks man. your experience shared is appreciated. the dealership is pushing bds because they install them, and it fits in my budget, however i have 4 friends with it and it feels shitty compared to others. id rather pay more $ for a better ride. :D a novice build thread comming soon!
:thumb

I look forward to seeing the thread pop up :neener

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,061 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Erick

You running through tomball tomorrow?

Need to do a little meet up

Redneck, tomball ok? Or somewhere close.....that's where coating place is :) (by baker Hughes if you know where that's at)
I am leaving for Houston in a few minutes. I will holler at ya in a few hours. I am meeting up with Camaroz2866 tonight to do a little trading. I am down with meeting yall as well.

[Serious voice] Erick, glad to hear you're hooked up with the new gig. Traveling can be hard on even the best marriages, and you've got a great family to go home to every night. Nice feeling knowing you'll be home every night isn't it? [/Serious voice]

Make sure you let us know how your stripping adventures turn out.

Thanks man, we will definitely hang out more since I will actually have a normal life now. As for the stripping goes, just get some dollar bills and I will give you a platinum dance. Lmao

Wherever, whenever. Have duramax, will travel

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Sounds like a plan

There is a buffalo wild wings on 2920 just before 249 which is reasonably close to baker hughes. what say ye?

Oh, and look who's growing a set?

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/vendor-price-request-site-vendors-only-respond/434330-delete-lml-parts.html
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt?

Sent from my Galaxy LML

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,061 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,887
What time tomorrow JDub?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
well.... hmmm...

i get off @ 3, but i'm still waiting on a text back from the guy....since he lives next door to the place, the pieces can get dropped off there, but i want to make sure he knows whats going on............so i'll text him again later on in the morning

he can do my parts last, if needed :drink

anytime would be good for me,......btw you smooth out that cover :)

·
Most Known Unknown
29,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,888
homeboy is ready to clown

i told him i leave work around 4 or so, just to give myself some time. I'll give you a buzz later on today to see whats up...i'll call Erick too to see what time he is cool with

i'll have to deliver the cover in my tired ass gray gasser to keep the price low, if homeboy sees your nice ass dually....price might jump :rofl

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,061 Posts
Smoothed it out as much as I can for my crappy as welds.

·
Registered
754 Posts
DO NOT DRILL OUT YOUR SPINDLES!!!!!!
I may or may not have been drunk posting last night (I'm still a strong independant driller though). Is drilling stock spindles uncommon on HDs? Very common for some applications on gassers, I had to drill my '02 spindles to fit aftermarket tie rods.

Camaroz2866 notched his frame to let his diff drop further than .75", and once he comes up with measurements I'll make him some spacers, so he can ditch his temporary solution
Did he do a writeup on it? I'll send him lots of annoying PMs for pictures if not :poke[1]:

Did you tell me why you ditched Cognito UCAs and missed it? U no likey or what?

·
Most Known Unknown
29,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,891
as long as all that splatter is gone :rof

I may or may not have been drunk posting last night (I'm still a strong independant driller though). Is drilling stock spindles uncommon on HDs? Very common for some applications on gassers, I had to drill my '02 spindles to fit aftermarket tie rods.

Did he do a writeup on it? I'll send him lots of annoying PMs for pictures if not :poke[1]:

its all good :)

nah he didnt do a write up on it, and he was using oem tie rod ends...

once he had a moment of clarity on what he just did and the new steering angles he had vs his control arm angles, he ended up buying the lift spindles from the 4" fabtech kit

i do not recommend drilling out spindles when using OEM tie rod ends, not matter how crafty you are with the studs :)

if you want to use heim with a straight bolt, then more power to ya, but once you drill it,.....its over and not going back! :thumb

i never had a problem with the Cognito UCA's, the reason i sold them was because i had taken my truck sooooooooooo low with the present lift that i didnt need UCA's that "corrected" my ball joint angle anymore. Pigpen23 was actually the guy that hooked my up with this front LML frame section, soooo it was only fair that i helped him out in his time of need and gave him a good price below what he wanted to pay so that we could both win :neener

front LML section :D
ImageUploadedByAG Free1389120708.539656.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1389120767.387812.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1389743677.239549.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1389745154.663623.jpg

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

Somewhat. Check my thread. Anyquestion feel free to ask. Its not bad at all to do and I have flat angle all around. Ended up doing the lift spindles due to the tie rod angles. I even tried flipping the tie rods with factory spindles but the bump steer was horrible.

I might make it out tonight to bww. Why not meet at the one off 45north in the woodlands area?

Ericks coming to my place to get my running boards. Im off at 2.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,893
Somewhat. Check my thread. Anyquestion feel free to ask. Its not bad at all to do and I have flat angle all around. Ended up doing the lift spindles due to the tie rod angles. I even tried flipping the tie rods with factory spindles but the bump steer was horrible.

I might make it out tonight to bww. Why not meet at the one off 45north in the woodlands area?

Ericks coming to my place to get my running boards. Im off at 2.
the powder coater is in Tomball :poke[1]:

i dont mind driving, but i have to get the Diff cover from Redneck, deliver it with my parts, go eat, then go back sooooooooooooooo yea :)

i dont mind either way, but the diff cover is the key :D

theres also one @ Kuykendahl and 2920 :drink

·
Registered
754 Posts
So you didn't drop your crossmembers and are running lift spindles?

Didn't realize that was even an option.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,895
he bought spindles from a 4" fabtech kit *glorified leveling kit

in that kit all it is, is taller spindles, longer shocks, tubular UCA's, and leveling keys, but since he had everything he needed....he just needed the spindles to correct it all :)

he just needed a new spindle that would correct his steering angle to match up with his Control arm and CV angle :thumb

steering is a pet peeve of mine, thats why since the truck is down i went ahead and bought new pitman and idler arms

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
If this is the diff cover for the super scientific temp testing, hurry up. :poke[1]:
I'm curious to see how that turns out.

2881 - 2900 of 15472 Posts