Votes: 91 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3461 - 3480 of 15477 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,464
GM did a worst job coating the frame on my 13 than the 10. ITs driving me nuts. I just cover what I see with rust reformer spray paint. The tar is coming off in chips.
Tell us how you really feel :neener

Every time I get under the truck, I see all the nice coated things (not what GM apparently intended) , then I see the block nono

That would be an all day project there taping everything off and making that look "decent"

Just glad it's not their brakes but wish it was their ignition :D

Like the quote :neener
I love your new avatar :drink

Its Toyota paint :mad:
:rof closest match I could find to the silver paint we used

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Tell us how you really feel :neener

Every time I get under the truck, I see all the nice coated things (not what GM apparently intended) , then I see the block nono

That would be an all day project there taping everything off and making that look "decent"

I love your new avatar :drink

:rof closest match I could find to the silver paint we used
I thought you would get a kick :D

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I wouldn't want anything Toyota they have more recalls then you think. The public just doesn't blow it way out of proportion.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Jdub, how you wanna do this FASS bracket thing? If you want me to ship, you're gonna have to give up an address to a total internet stranger. Otherwise, I need a reason to head to Houston for a weekend with the wife. Any activity suggestions?

Dude that sucks majorly. Too bad. I had a perfectly good tailgate until a couple weeks ago when I sold it.

How bad is the damage? Do you heave the back up camera? The oem shell runs about $550 IIRC then you can transfer all the stuff. Or watch Craig's list for a stolen one....
I have the camera, but I figured out you can just buy a non-camera shell & drill the bottom out for the wire if need be.

Am I allowed to post Ebay links here? If not, mod please delete. Found this for ~$300

Tailgate New Chevy Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Truck 2500 HD GMC GM1900126 20885080 | eBay

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,469
I'll give you my work address :D

Did you get them worked up?! How much?!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I got all the room in the world to mount the FASS under the flatbed on my 13. It amazes me how crammed everything is on the pickup model

·
Registered
754 Posts
Free of charge, perks of the job my friend. Should be delivered with the first embed shipment to one of my jobsites.

If only I knew someone who manufactured tailgates............

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
There is so much more visibility behind and to the sides of the truck when you don't have walls behind you.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,479
Free of charge, perks of the job my friend. Should be delivered with the first embed shipment to one of my jobsites.

If only I knew someone who manufactured tailgates............
:drink

image.jpg

3461 - 3480 of 15477 Posts