Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,722
Well just ordered some bilstein 5100's for the front

Still waiting on my feelers out there to come up with an OEM diff crossmember

Might have to talk with tony @ ffr and re design the tie rod to centerlink brackets

A redesign across the board for the LML platform

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,076 Posts
Why the need for a redesign? Does the clip on your table not have a crossmember? I'm sure there is a totaled out LML somewhere Ina wrecking yard in N Shepard.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I can see my cost at the dealer if you want...

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,725
Why the need for a redesign? Does the clip on your table not have a crossmember? I'm sure there is a totaled out LML somewhere Ina wrecking yard in N Shepard.

Bracket redesign..

I mean it worked on mine for the longest, but I noticed a little mark on my front bumpstop tower from where the bracket would hit it at full lock.

Not trying to throw him under the bus, and maybe I shouldn't even be talking about it :rof but I'm going to turn the bracket a different way before torquing it down to the centerlink and see how it goes.....it's probably just operator error nono

There is one junkyard down that road that I love! Forgot the name of it though, but I always find it when I'm looking :)

And the clip on the table does have one, but it's welded to two pieces of square tubing and welded to the table .....

I can see my cost at the dealer if you want...
Yes please :)

It will probably be like that lower shock bolt adventure...

The gm websites I've seen so far don't sell just that piece and note that it only comes with the $6k frame nono

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Whats gm call it?

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,076 Posts
I would think that price is pretty reasonable. I bet shipping is a biatch

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,729
image.jpg

Not too bad

Just don't want to when I know somebody has one :)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I dont see a part number. Text me a part number and ill call tomorrow to see my price

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,731
I think "Capt.D" is about to come through with a diff crossmember..

He is going to figure shipping and get back with me

happyjump

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,076 Posts
:thumb :thumb :thumb

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I'm just surprised nobody called BS

:rolleyes:

Go crazy with it :rof

Maybe undercoating isn't good for those , northern states nono

Works good down here though :)

You won't regret turning rust into nice and pretty painted pieces :thumb

You start a build thread yet?!

You know anyone with an LML on after market shocks?

I could make it with my LML if I had one more front shock :(

Going to pull the fenders off tomorrow and and give them to my cousin to start

What's PK?!
Haha, good one. I'm no where near as interesting as you or my build. Luckily my head work is going good. Scheid Diesel will be getting my CP3 and injectors tomorrow.

I'm kind of bothered I didn't do a full engine build (rods, valve springs, etc) but I'm going to be happy with a clean engine bay and smoother running truck. (Which has a lope on occasion while it has a load on it-drive/reverse)
Either way, I think I'll be going with a red and black theme under the hood. As well as on the front end.

The issues with the rustoleum is it takes a lot of cleaning, and if you don't have a PHD in autobody, then you'll probably end up with a bubbly coating. Personally, it's a great concept and looks awesome when you get it right. But not for me.
I took your advice though. Bought new UCAs. Bushing kit is $98

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Jdub, when are we going to see you do this with your freshly lowered LML and Tex's LB7?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,735
Haha, good one. I'm no where near as interesting as you or my build. Luckily my head work is going good. Scheid Diesel will be getting my CP3 and injectors tomorrow.

I'm kind of bothered I didn't do a full engine build (rods, valve springs, etc) but I'm going to be happy with a clean engine bay and smoother running truck. (Which has a lope on occasion while it has a load on it-drive/reverse)
Either way, I think I'll be going with a red and black theme under the hood. As well as on the front end.

The issues with the rustoleum is it takes a lot of cleaning, and if you don't have a PHD in autobody, then you'll probably end up with a bubbly coating. Personally, it's a great concept and looks awesome when you get it right. But not for me.
I took your advice though. Bought new UCAs. Bushing kit is $98

all you gotta do is make a thread, people will follow.. . . . . i mean they watch my dumbass :rof

i wish i had a PHD in autobody work, then i could do some crazy modified fenders like Complete Customs did :)

and thats good you bought the UCA's, you get more for your money that way :thumb

what pieces do you plan on painting black vs red??

:thumb :thumb :thumb
he is shipping it today :)

means i can bolt it up, put a level on it, and weld the frame ear in!!!!

Jdub, when are we going to see you do this with your freshly lowered LML and Tex's LB7?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
how long did it take you to find a lifted red truck and a lowered white one? :rof

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I think people would be more entertained by how I do things or how much I break rather than fix.

My level of auto body: can intense buffing with 3M rubbing compound fix it?
Can an accessory hide it?
No? Then duct tape, rattle can it, or just leave it alone.

Yeah... $90 UCA, $90 bushing kit (for both sides) do the math. Plus more labor for installing parts.

Hmm, I'm still trying to picture it. Red and black seem so.. dark under the hood. I'll leave a good amount of "metal color" (the original color) under the hood so it breaks things up. I'd say a lot of stuff on the front of the engine will be colored. Maybe a black turbo. Red pipes. Red manifolds. Dontr know though. Maybe I'll just do lime green like everyone and their Great Aunt Jane does.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
1 cross member shipped to Texas...

Sent Screaming Through The Turbo of My Duramax

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,738
1 cross member shipped to texas...

Sent screaming through the turbo of my duramax
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Happy Monday everbody. Ready for some diesel gore? 2006 Cummins out of a 2500 Ram

Remember kids, torque to specs or you get wrecks!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Happy Monday everbody. Ready for some diesel gore? 2006 Cummins out of a 2500 Ram

Remember kids, torque to specs or you get wrecks!
And to think... I've been peeping those Dodge Mega Cabs.

3721 - 3740 of 15477 Posts