Votes: 91 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3861 - 3880 of 15477 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
That looks like a expensive HI/LOW converter to me :rofl

The only difference I see is plug and plays into the stock harness, but like Redneck said it could work different internally.

How much?

·
Registered
754 Posts
:hyper:hyper:hyper

omagod I need somebody else to at least pretend to be as excited as I am right now. Found a place that makes custom rocker switch panels to order. New Wire Marine, go take a look, I'm about to pee myself I'm so happy

:hyper:hyper

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,865
Yeah I would buy it. Its worth it for for the plug and play alone :neener
Looks like I will :)

:hyper:hyper:hyper

omagod I need somebody else to at least pretend to be as excited as I am right now. Found a place that makes custom rocker switch panels to order. New Wire Marine, go take a look, I'm about to pee myself I'm so happy

:hyper:hyper
Don't pee yourself nono

Got pictures of these fancy pants products?

·
Registered
754 Posts

Examples only. I'm pretty set on relays for every circuit I will have, so the breakers on these are worthless, but apparently the switches are rated up to 20 amps. I didn't know they could go that high.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,076 Posts
JDub. I'm out of town and didn't see a reply from PAC before I left. Will check tomorrow.

And no, it's not a hi/lo converter. The signal coming out of the head unit is low level and then gets amplified by the Bose amp. That gizmo splits out the low level and still feeds the Bose amp. So you can add that gizmo and change nothing but add a sub and amp. Then later you can add more amps and upgrade door speakers.

Over watch. You can also find some cool ones at OTRATTW off road.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I have an apline 500 watt amp and a 10" kicker sub. Had it "professionally" installed and it sounds like poo poo. Sounded sweet in my half ton without bose but sounds like crap in the dmax. It also gets crazy interference with the rear door speaker when you turn the key on without starting the truck, kind of going off main topic sorry.

Took it back to get it fixed and the guy tells me its the bose unit that is killing the aftermarket amp and sub and there is nothing he can do unless I get an aftermarket head unit.

I know nothing about sound systems so I just unhooked it lol. It doesnt even play bass at the sub just sounds like its trying to play audio lol. My buddy said I need an loc and we tried to adjust the settings on the amp but no luck. I don't want to pay another 200 to have it be the same way.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,872
Damn

They didnt test it before you picked it up?

Once I get confirmation from redneck I'm going to order this PAC unit

If it allows me to run two amps along with the NAV and all upgraded speakers I'd be happy :)

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,874
Gonna rip that shit out if it does!

But it shouldn't since the nav will stay the same :D

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,076 Posts
I have an apline 500 watt amp and a 10" kicker sub. Had it "professionally" installed and it sounds like poo poo. Sounded sweet in my half ton without bose but sounds like crap in the dmax. It also gets crazy interference with the rear door speaker when you turn the key on without starting the truck, kind of going off main topic sorry.

Took it back to get it fixed and the guy tells me its the bose unit that is killing the aftermarket amp and sub and there is nothing he can do unless I get an aftermarket head unit.

I know nothing about sound systems so I just unhooked it lol. It doesnt even play bass at the sub just sounds like its trying to play audio lol. My buddy said I need an loc and we tried to adjust the settings on the amp but no luck. I don't want to pay another 200 to have it be the same way.

Read post 3817 for an explanation on why it sounds muddy. Your professionals were bush league. I'd get some money back. You can't take a post processing, amplified signal on the Bose system and run another amp via LOC it's been muddied by the Bose processing. By getting the PAC you get the clean signal right from the head unit.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Read post 3817 for an explanation on why it sounds muddy. Your professionals were bush league. I'd get some money back. You can't take a post processing, amplified signal on the Bose system and run another amp via LOC it's been muddied by the Bose processing. By getting the PAC you get the clean signal right from the head unit.

Yeah I did it at best buy, not a lot of choices around here in the boonies. It's a 2 hour ride just to best buy. Too late to get my money back.

I just ordered the PAC you were referring to earlier. I'm just hoping the ahole didnt tie into the head unit and tied into the door speaker so it shouldn't be too much work to change it. I have no I idea what I'm doing but I am going to give it a shot.

One question. Do i tie this pac into the factory head unit or at the bose amp in the center console?
I would be so happy if this turns into a 33 dollar fix!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
havent seen it yet Downerrr

if it gets here before i leave, i'll pressure wash it

then once i get the frame ear tacked in, i'll pull the crossmember off, paint it, and under coat it, then install it :)

simple protection on this piece

you still have your stock spindle brake line brackets? Or do those items transfer over to the cognito spindles?

you seem like the man with the plan,....and all the spare parts :rofl

two holes in the spindle, but no brackets to mount the ABS or brake line too nono

worse case, i'll drill and tap and make my own bracket (if i cant find something at the junk yard)
View attachment 457266
I'm pretty sure mine stayed but I can't look and see because I'm already back offshore. ...tracking says delivered so I hope you got the cross member. .

Sent Screaming Through The Turbo of My Duramax

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,878
I'm pretty sure mine stayed but I can't look and see because I'm already back offshore. ...tracking says delivered so I hope you got the cross member. .

Sent Screaming Through The Turbo of My Duramax
Think I need to do some more digging

My OEM caliper line bracket I have looks 75% like others so I need to do a little more research nono

Yes sir I indeed received this crossmember and saw it when I came into work Friday

THANK you again for helping me out!!

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
3861 - 3880 of 15477 Posts