• Twins/Cp3 Conversion/Built trans from SDP

Votes: 91 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5561 - 5580 of 15477 Posts

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
I wanna know more about this Camaro Kona...

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Fab fours is for the Honda

Don't lie
Hell yeah

I wanna know more about this Camaro Kona...

Snappy the owner, ran it in the Texas Mile. 217 MPH, its bad ass. He is building a COPO Camaro with the goal of hitting 280 MPH in the Texas Mile. 2700 hp motor.

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Hell yeah

Snappy the owner, ran it in the Texas Mile. 217 MPH, its bad ass. He is building a COPO Camaro with the goal of hitting 280 MPH in the Texas Mile. 2700 hp motor.
Wow...what all is done to the red one....me and my brother have always wanted to come to watch there. He is building a 2002 sunset orange Camaro z28 with 20k original miles on it. It's got a 5.3 with a 78mm precision turbo....he's wanting 8-900 to the wheels. No roll cage and pure street car...I mean it's not a 2700hp COPO but it will work!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Wow...what all is done to the red one....me and my brother have always wanted to come to watch there. He is building a 2002 sunset orange Camaro z28 with 20k original miles on it. It's got a 5.3 with a 78mm precision turbo....he's wanting 8-900 to the wheels. No roll cage and pure street car...I mean it's not a 2700hp COPO but it will work!
Sounds like a bad ass car. I think the orange one has 1200 with nitrous. I would love to build another fbody. Maybe one day.

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Yeah I'll post some pics later...he had a 2001 as with a procharger on it . I was a 6spd and dynoed 600/610 and ran a 6.52 @107 with a 1.45 60'. We don't have 1/4 within 200 miles of us..

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,076 Posts
Hell yeah

Seems like he needs more aero as opposed to pushing that brick...So much power is needed to get beyond the 150 mark and aero makes it even harder if the CD is not minimized (while preserving some downforce to keep it from flying off the road like that Lambo did at the mile a couple of years ago!)

Sweet none the less. Very sweet

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Anybody got a Duramax lowered....a lot.....and run the mile? May but but would be pretty cool. I doubt I would be the driver tho....be like a 160mph TANK!

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Anybody got a Duramax lowered....a lot.....and run the mile? May but but would be pretty cool. I doubt I would be the driver tho....be like a 160mph TANK!
McRat (DurmaxDiesels) land speed in Casper 2008

"Casper" is a 2005 GMC Duramax diesel 2500HD pickup with Allison Transmission. McRat drove it to a peak sustained speed of 174.586 mph at Bonneville on pump diesel. It is the world's fastest production diesel pickup, with OEM axles, transmission, and engine running a single turbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J0CQN5vV0g

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/chevy/0905dp_2005_gmc_sierra_2500hd_duramax_buildup/allison_transmission.html

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Bonneville looks as smooth as the road I live on! Ha that's pretty bad a**!! I would be interested to see how that thing handled running that fast. I'm sure he had some good suspension work but still...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I wanted to do that to a RCLB truck and run the Mojave Mile... :)

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,076 Posts

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Must have a lot of bushes......

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
He may have had to remove/plant new....

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Seems like he needs more aero as opposed to pushing that brick...So much power is needed to get beyond the 150 mark and aero makes it even harder if the CD is not minimized (while preserving some downforce to keep it from flying off the road like that Lambo did at the mile a couple of years ago!)

Sweet none the less. Very sweet
You and Snappy would hit it off. Both old farts that like chrome. Lol. You should come out to the Texas mile in Oct. It will be a blast.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,579
"had" indeed :thumb

image.jpg

had to "special order" the rear diff cover gasket so that was a no go yesterday nono

now that painters have my email with pictures i will call them today and see whats up, id like to drop everything off TOMORROW!

Redneck, i have your stuff :thumb

5561 - 5580 of 15477 Posts