• Twins/Cp3 Conversion/Built trans from SDP

Votes: 91 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5881 - 5900 of 15477 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
My work (lumber company) has Line-x in all their pickups and they are all abused. But the bed seems to be the best looking part of the truck after their 5-6 year service life....I dont think there is one big chip out of any of the beds.
I will still come see you brother.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,883 (Edited)
Fender is back off

Drop it all off tomorrow

After work Saturday the side steps will be cleaned THEN removed and delivered to Amrock88 on Sunday

If I have time I'll go ahead and finish up the pinch weld BS in the shackle area

Maybe change the rear diff fluid too and paint the rear end (low priority) now that I have the gasket in from z auto parts store

Truck should be complete by next weekend and get aligned

image.jpg

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Make you truck look like this from behind. A lot of people didn't now :wtf they were coming up on. Top bar located behind cab. It was Plasmaglow tape led bar lasted longer than I though up there. Had once on mud flaps and under tailgate, they did last too long.

Still have bottom red under tailgate as Recon Line of fire bar and Recon ambers under doors. Thinking adding headache rack with lights. I thought about adding 3 more bars to back. Under bumper, top of tailgate, and to replace the one behind cab, but I think that would be crazy amount of light.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Fender is back off

Drop it all off tomorrow

After work Saturday the side steps will be cleaned THEN removed and delivered to Amrock88 on Sunday

If I have time I'll go ahead and finish up the pinch weld BS in the shackle area

Maybe change the rear diff fluid too and paint the rear end (low priority) now that I have the gasket in from z auto parts store

Truck should be complete by next weekend and get aligned

View attachment 496738
You spend more on aliments than I do on mods

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,887
Lifetime alignment :thumb

Except for this truck :(

$70 a pop

Gray truck gets the lifetime through Firestone :)

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Damn wish I could pay $70 for an aliment. Damn Dually.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,890
Make you truck look like this from behind. A lot of people didn't now :wtf they were coming up on. Top bar located behind cab. It was Plasmaglow tape led bar lasted longer than I though up there. Had once on mud flaps and under tailgate, they did last too long.

Still have bottom red under tailgate as Recon Line of fire bar and Recon ambers under doors. Thinking adding headache rack with lights. I thought about adding 3 more bars to back. Under bumper, top of tailgate, and to replace the one behind cab, but I think that would be crazy amount of light.
That's no moon, it's a space station :rof

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,891

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,076 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1408674964.286379.jpg
Here you go Dub

My next project.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,894
As cheap as that cover is redneck, I've thought it about it too

Adhesive promotor and some primer, and some black would make it look good :)

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,076 Posts
Ahh, but there in lies the science. Cooling takes place in radiation of heat from a surface (emission) Emissivity of a surface is a weird thing. Raw unpolished aluminum has a better emissivity than a painted surface and then a dull painted surface is better than a shiny. Black is the next best to raw aluminum but it has to be a dull matte finish.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,896
Hmmmm

Might be a deal breaker

I'll have to sleep on it and think more about having that shiny piece down there by itself with a black rear end :thinkk

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,076 Posts
For mall crawling, I think the impact of paint is negligible....Get it and paint it.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Hey! How 'bout this?

A camo wrap that looks like an empty Mall parking space....near the front door.

Then sit back and watch the unfolding frenzy. :farmer

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,899 (Edited)
Advertised it says 35-40 degrees cooler than a standard cover

Soooooo with some paint, if I lose a little it'd still be good :D

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
5881 - 5900 of 15477 Posts