• Twins/Cp3 Conversion/Built trans from SDP

Votes: 91 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6221 - 6240 of 15477 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I love the thing, fires without fail every time, main thing when he goes to buy one make sure there is a roll pin in the safety grip on the back side and you should be good to go, very accurate shooter right out of the box and I have tortured that lil gun and it keeps coming back for more.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sweet! Thanks!!

Xd's are a awesome weapon. The xdm's as well. They both are great lines for springfield.
Thanks!

People like to say a downside to the XDs is you only have 6 rounds with you 5 + 1, but idk, I feel more prepared than the rest of the sheep.

I hear ya! 6 shots is better than none! Plus as long as they are well placed, you should be good

Lol hate glock lovers just as much as I hate glock haters.

A 1911 has it's place and so does a glock. 10mm ftw!

Yep! Yep! And yep!! :rofl

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I got a glock(.45) and a kimber(10mm) and a kahr(9mm).
I got a gun for everyone!!! :rofl
Btw....i am waaay more accurate with my glock. :thumb

Hey Jr, how you like that XDs? My brud n law is looking at getting one. Heard there were alota problems at first but now they've worked out the bugs.
I had one pre recall and it function alright. I wanted a small carry gun chambered in 45 plus It looked way better than a glock, it was thiner and I liked the front fiber optic sight.

At first I really didn't see the recoil being a problem for me, since it never has.

Long story short it was to unreliable, uncomfortable to shoot and Magazines are like 50 bucks. I ended up selling it and then picked up a sissy glock 26.

Tell your bro in law to go to a gun range that has that gun and have him shoot it before he buys it.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Long story short it was to unreliable, uncomfortable to shoot and Magazines are like 50 bucks. I ended up selling it and then picked up a sissy glock 26.

I had time where I was feeling the same way for probably around 100-200 rounds, constant jams, not cycling all the way, half ejecting casings, slide not returning all the way forward (pull trigger make no boom)
All of this was cured by firming the grip up on the gun, becoming comfortable with it is it's own demise because of how strong the recoil spring is, hold it like a rock and it's great.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I had time where I was feeling the same way for probably around 100-200 rounds, constant jams, not cycling all the way, half ejecting casings, slide not returning all the way forward (pull trigger make no boom)
All of this was cured by firming the grip up on the gun, becoming comfortable with it is it's own demise because of how strong the recoil spring is, hold it like a rock and it's great.

Yup same issues here. I just didn't want to deal it it. I shot well over 1500 rounds thought it and it got better but still unreliable. So I sold it lol. I didn't want to have to change the way I hold a gun just so it functions. I found myself holding it so firmly, I was tired by the time I was done. It just took so much to shoot it accurately.

Shooting my new g26 comes natural. ImageUploadedByAG Free1409542370.615997.jpg

Btw here is a sexy ass xds.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1409542401.819261.jpg

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Ok I'm done thread jacking sorry jwc.

How about them fenders though? Almost done?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I have a very wide selection of weapons and different people prefer or tend to certain ones. Some its all they know. I advise as mentioned, go to a range and rent one of each. Get to know each and find the one you like.

I have a cary weapon for work, a cary weapon for going places, a vehicle weapon, a go to weapon for different situations. One isnt for every situation.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,227
No thread jacking ;)

I iz, learning :thumb

Redneck,
Was thinking to come your direction

I just need to get some wheels over to my cousin, get some hardware to mount the bumper caps and I'm free :)

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Every gun definitely is not for every one and every gun doesn't come off the assembly line the same exact way.
Nothing mentioned about them yet, but sig sauer is another good bang for the buck from the ones I've shot.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,230
Erick,

Can you talk to your LS buddy to see what he thinks would be a good "on budget" rotating assembly and top section to do for my 5.3 LS?

Thinking since the truck is getting redone to beef the motor up a little since I have zero clue what's on the current motor...... I'm looking at long term dependability

But still be able to have some fun and burn some tires :)

Motor has the carb conversion kit and the trans is a TH350 (wonder what I can do to beef that up a little too...?)

It's only money, right?

·
Registered
11,065 Posts

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
JWC i just got done upgrading my injection system o my 5.7 L V8 vortec 350, from a central port injection to a multiport injection system and it was a huge diffference. the old onkection system was leaking and i had mas carb build up. what is our motor in your gasser

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Jeff did u read that link I sent u on the turbo setup?

·
Registered
18,034 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,235
JWC i just got done upgrading my injection system o my 5.7 L V8 vortec 350, from a central port injection to a multiport injection system and it was a huge diffference. the old onkection system was leaking and i had mas carb build up. what is our motor in your gasser

This one :)

ImageUploadedByAG Free1409544997.251046.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1409545007.741701.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1409545015.470276.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1409545024.173008.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1409545033.913850.jpg

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,236
Jeff did u read that link I sent u on the turbo setup?
I read it :)

Still not sure if it's "for me" or not.....

Isn't the carb itself over a grand alone?

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
The carb? I dunno...but u can have a turbo system for about 1,000$ for the whole kit if you find the right one. My brothers I was telling u about is a precision turbo 78mm and he got a good deal on it

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Turbos are cheaper and sound better....to me anyways. That way Jeff can build boost and remember what his yard dog lml truck used to sound like! Ha

6221 - 6240 of 15477 Posts