Votes: 91 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7101 - 7120 of 15477 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,101
sooooooooooooo, when is the dually getting 'done up??

4WD delete kit, with custom front end and air ride, on dem big boy wheelz :rof

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Fugging 90s the past few days with a heat index in the 100's to 110's. And rain every day. 5" Sunday evening alone

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Already chain restrictions in the hills here...80-93° down below on the flat. Typical Colorado weather. I'm ready for snow! Come visit once in a while Jeffe!:thumbup:

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Easin' back into 2nd Spring here (some call it Fall?),
cruizin' 'till the 2 weeks of Winter shows up, the last week in Jan. :grinn

Then it'll be New Spring again.

:hairy

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I'm waiting until I have only 2 weeks of almost spring, then 50 weeks of Winter

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,072 Posts
sooooooooooooo, when is the dually getting 'done up??

4WD delete kit, with custom front end and air ride, on dem big boy wheelz :rof
So. serious question. What do you think a turn key job costs to body drop a dually like that, wheels excluded??

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,113 (Edited)
Some places charge $1000 an inch excluding the initial bag job and custom LCA's you will need, and if you do a 4wd delete so you won't hav to deal with cv shafts, sooo you'll need 2wd hubs going that route

Call extensive metalworks in Houston, they'll give you a rough cost which I bet would be every bit of 10-12k (bagged and bodied to fit 22s or 24s)

But soooooo many little details go into bagging a truck and then you add all the metal work to do the body drop, and the easiest way would be to build a frame from the firewall back vs cutting the entire floor out nono like a traditional body drop

My blue truck is a stock floor bodied truck and the body wasn't cut :)

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
So many jokes in the first line. Hahaha

Could you tow heavy with a different frame? I have seen pictures of them doing it, but don't know if the floors were cut or what

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,115
My blue trucks frame from the firewall back is 2x3 3/16"'wall square tubing

Not sure what they do for the big trucks, but if you can imagine running a shorter frame by 2.5" or so, but make sure wall thickness is good and beef it up in certain spots and add reinforcements in the bends

Shorter frame = not cutting body (minus where you have to cut to make sure driveshaft doesn't hit), which = stock floor body drop

It can be done

I was just guessing on price but I believe its about 6k to just bag a halfton with them

I had mine bagged for roughly 2300,'parts included, THEN I body dropped it

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Wonder how much a 379 Pete would cost..... just wondering for future reference

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Wonder how much a 379 Pete would cost..... just wondering for future reference
There's no telling how much!! My dad has a 389 that's orange and would look killer lowered...but there no way in the world he would do it! If he had that much extra cash he would just retire and sell the thing. Him being 63 I think he's just thinking about retirement sometime

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
There's no telling how much!! My dad has a 389 that's orange and would look killer lowered...but there no way in the world he would do it! If he had that much extra cash he would just retire and sell the thing. Him being 63 I think he's just thinking about retirement sometime
I'm thinking my future truck will be a 379L Sun Yellow with a long frame day cab 700 horse CAT 18 speed with a drop axle for heavy haul. All done up but no chrome.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'm thinking my future truck will be a 379L Sun Yellow with a long frame day cab 700 horse CAT 18 speed with a drop axle for heavy haul. All done up but no chrome.
Oh come on, you gotta have a little chrome! 😁

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

7101 - 7120 of 15477 Posts