• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7861 - 7880 of 15477 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,861
So I have a question

With all this pretty stuff under the hood, y'all think its worth the effort to pull the stock turbo to get color matched too? Send it to the kit supplier to break down and coat...

Photo rights go to "Cold Diesel"
ImageUploadedByAG Free1417928145.029270.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18,025 Posts
I believe it is, if your gonna spend some money, better do it right

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Could I get away with an S475/stock setup on stock injectors and a light skinny pedal?

Also, switching to a "standard" Bosch Cp3 would be good enough or would I need an exergy model...or a stroked setup...?

I'm eyeballing the SDP twin setup

I ran my lml with stock injectors and the cp4. Trans didn't like me tho lol :D

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,865
Heck as much as I drive it I could get away with it for sure!

Do the twin kit
Save some more
Then upgrade fueling
Save some more
Trans it

Be done :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
So I have a question

With all this pretty stuff under the hood, y'all think its worth the effort to pull the stock turbo to get color matched too? Send it to the kit supplier to break down and coat...
I am thinking when I get my twin hit I am going to go with a semi to flat black coating. This will give it more of a stock look. These motors just do not have the beauty of the older motors when fixed up.
Motors (2).jpg

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,869
From all that I've read, you will never be done....... 😁

figured if i can't really go any lower, or bag it....and i can't make my mind up on wheels and tires, i'd try this out and have some fun :gearjamin

My Dad told me three day old popcorn is best.....
:popcorn

I am thinking when I get my twin hit I am going to go with a semi to flat black coating. This will give it more of a stock look. These motors just do not have the beauty of the older motors when fixed up.
View attachment 553257
i want the brightest i can get!!!

but your right, .... they're definitely like the old school motors :D

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Field guy with drilco

I need to step my game up

:rof

Jk

View attachment 552041

I freakin love that truck, its all over instagram. It's a shame I don't wanna spend 11k on wheels for this truck or I would be rockin 26s lol

figured if i can't really go any lower, or bag it....and i can't make my mind up on wheels and tires, i'd try this out and have some fun :gearjamin

:popcorn

i want the brightest i can get!!!

but your right, .... they're definitely like the old school motors :D
Me too I'm engine bay should be shinin like a diamond when all me wehli stuff makes it in :)

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,871
Whatcha getting??

I'm on the fence still

I talked to Scott at SDP and got a price on his twin kit but I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and do the CP3 conversion first.....

:crazydance

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
All of his piping, air intake, y bridge, IC pipes, what ever you call that pipe that go in place of the ugly throttle body piece lol. Should be looking pretty close to this but in the color I'll be doing everything in

Attachments

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,874
I was looking at that too, and then I saw the twin setups....and you know how that can go nono

Researching Cp3 conversion right now, and talking with Scott at SDP about his twin kit....

Trying to swing doing them both together.....or at least buying together.. As long as his pricing on the twin kit stays what he told me I'd knock the cp3 conversion out and not stress on the twin kit just yet :D

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Twins would look sooo good but once I start going the performer route I won't want to stop lol.

Is SDP making a cp3 conversion now to?

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,071 Posts
7861 - 7880 of 15477 Posts