• Twins/Cp3 Conversion/Built trans from SDP

Votes: 91 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8801 - 8820 of 15477 Posts

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,072 Posts
Thanks dub. I'm guessing that even with the outer wheel removed the fenders might not clear the rails. The fender bottom woudl have to be what, 18 or 19 inches from the ground?

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Thanks Fellas Rails shouldn't be that high from the deck. Maybe 6" from deck height. I doubt it's heavy enough. 9K truck here.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,072 Posts
Mines 8k goose. How many freaking twinkles are in the back seat?

I've seen pics of the trailer. It has 2 7k axles and a wood deck with a standard rail. About 18 inches.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
That full of fuel? I carry several hundred pounds of tools and hitches chains. I'm under 9k, but 8500 is a low estimate.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Front wheel tow dollies are rather cheap to rent from uHaul, just return it to the same place you rented it from instead of a one way trip.

On second thought, would one support the front end of one of these trucks???

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I wouldn't put a Toyota, much less my Duramax, on a dolly to go across town, let alone 236 miles down some pretty bad interstate

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Yea, I rethought that out considering the amount of the load the front end carries. Guessing in order to have a trailer up to task you'd basically need a tandem dual deck over. Tex, drive to Wisconsin, we got gooseneck trailers layin around everywhere.

How hard is it to attach a tow bar? Just a thought if you cant find a trailer.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Front wheel tow dollies are rather cheap to rent from uHaul, just return it to the same place you rented it from instead of a one way trip.

On second thought, would one support the front end of one of these trucks???
Probably not. My front axle is about 4600 pounds. I bet most dollies are rated for 2500

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,072 Posts
That full of fuel? I carry several hundred pounds of tools and hitches chains. I'm under 9k, but 8500 is a low estimate.
You're right Goose. Just looked at my CAT scale ticket. 8900 total 4780/4120 front/rear
Probably not. My front axle is about 4600 pounds. I bet most dollies are rated for 2500
Trailer or bust....

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I would tug it four down, but I am no where close. I have no desire to go to Texas. State is too fast for me.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Yeah maybe hook can help out? Stanton has access to a 14K car hauler GN, it would work but tight. He may or may not have a dual tandem GN. Not sure if he sold it yet or not. Maybe he'd have another one by that time. We may be able to find one around here.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
You know, I wonder if a military tow bar would work? I h a friend in College Station with a Bunch of MVs. Maybe he's got something

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
If it wasn't for you being across the country, even though we tend not to agree, I wouldn't have mined pulling the trailer to ya when I come to Dallas. But 1300 mile trip is just unreasonable to bring someone a 40 ft tri axle :rof

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
If hook doesnt get the winch on, you could do it how I did when the winch went out at the demo, one truck off the side of the trailer plugged in energizing the brakes while the other pulls the truck up from the front with a long strap :roflmfao

Not best route, but worked.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,816 (Edited)
my 20' trailer... that's still housing my blue truck :eek:hno ....look how tall that truck is :rof

least its all covered up and has a huge shed over it :thumb

207233_4489865053909_749517955_n.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,817
Tex,

talked to the wife about the whole "extending the garage or build a shop on the back 40"

she said "if its going to cost more than 30K to get the shop you want, whynot just extend the garage out more and have two big normal sized doors up front, a big one out back on the new part, and then you'll have a 5 bay garage with 1 slot for my car"......

i told her as long as the ceilings were high enough...but then that brings up the question....will it look funny?

still have to draw it out and see what would look right...i aint about that "hoo doo shit" and

unless i turn the whole garage setup internally....sideways.. and then there would be plenty of room to have a lift....then have 2 slots on either side of it....i just have to see when i get home!

·
Most Known Unknown
29,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,819
work benches, that are "supposed to be there"

here is the "third" bay where work can happen.., then the wife can park in the middle one....which leaves me 1 to park my white truck while im gone. But when i get the blue truck over there i want to price out a shop or price out adding to the garage...unless that would look too baller to have 2 big ass garage doors up front and one out back on the end of the new part?

the property line is way past the wooded part "from what they tell me" so adding on to the garage would be sooooooo easy

i just have to see when i get there how far back the back yard goes :thinkk

and if we DID add onto the garage and made the inner attic part open with lighting N everything, would a lift still work i wonder? (if more centered inside?)
hr3516670-26.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Dang Jeff I was hoping u had the mirrors pulled out for that wide trailer u have there like the dodges do...

I'm thinking shop but hey it's your money! You could Prob add more to the house for that price too though

8801 - 8820 of 15477 Posts