• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
101 - 120 of 15477 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
Then the pressure of not getting the truck driveable was killing me

i hadnt installed the CV shaft yet because it was non stop rain, NON STOP!!

so i pulled the truck in the garage, because FTW!

EDIT: THE POSITION OF THE TIE ROD HEIM, AND THE SPACERS ON THE STUD ARE INCORRECT, THIS HAS SINCE THEN BEEN FIXED, HEIM GOES IN BETWEEN THE SPACERS (STUPID ME)

garage_suspension1.jpg

garage_suspension3.jpg

garage_suspension4.jpg

garage_suspension5.jpg

and then installed the jounce stop back
garage_suspension6.jpg

·
Registered
645 Posts
to take your tailgate off, you must "LIFT" up on the passenger side, and "SLIDE" it to the right to remove the tailgate

if you put a hose clamp around the half circle of the bedside and the solid circle of the tailgate, it no longer has a way to be "lifted out" of its slot, which keeps your from "sliding" it to the right and running off!!

go check out your truck and you will see exactly what i'm talking about!!

its cheap and could save your tailgate :thumb
Haha oh ok, makes sense now. I was confused as how that correlated to stolen wheels at first.

I like my locking tail gate, makes me feel a little better about going into town with my quad in the back. :thumb

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
updated the CTS, and it didnt turn into a paper weight!! Zero issues with the update :thumb

played with the CTS gauge pod adapter, and just couldn't get it right, so i ditched it

placed an order with Alligator for an IssPro EV2 Pyro gauge, and a Boost gauge from XDP
***spread the love right :thumb

updatedCTS.jpg

workedonpillar1.jpg

workedonpillar2.jpg

the part on the paper with the shading, shows where the adapter used to be, but i trimmed it, and painted it, and once i couldnt get it right i scrapped the idea ***i have it if anyone wants it, might have to put new adhesive on it, but its tan :)
workedonpillar3.jpg

workedonpillar4.jpg

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Did you lower it more?
on accident :rolleyes:

i wont even bother doing the other side, i am going to tear the driver side apart again and modify them again (change position on jounce stop platform) THEN do the passenger side

i just need the weather to cooperate!

:bd03

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Haha oh ok, makes sense now. I was confused as how that correlated to stolen wheels at first.

I like my locking tail gate, makes me feel a little better about going into town with my quad in the back. :thumb
my tailgate locks too :)

but they can get around that with simple tools, but if they arent expecting the hose clamp, AHHHH SHITTTTT :rofl

just added security

speaking of stolen wheels.......this is what i was talking about :(

thank GOD for insurance, and a $100 deductible :thumb

new wheels and tires two days later :)

994872_10200384174916149_535606642_n.jpg

1004852_10200384175636167_1671202339_n.jpg

1000262_10200384176116179_1196247935_n.jpg

1098102_10200384176276183_1536068164_n.jpg

6424_10200921190181195_1977520784_n.jpg

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Where was the dmax? They just straight up stole the rims off the truck? Thats insane. Im guess it was done overnight?

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
tried plastidip

that lasted about 3 minutes

i'll pass, and paint please :)

tryingplastidip1.jpg

tryingplastidip2.jpg

took it to my cousins shop out behind his house for a little R&D work, all i can say, is keep your eyes open LML guys :thumb
r&d.jpg

·
Registered
645 Posts
:cookoo[1]: Rough neighborhood?!?! That sucks man. I would have shit when i walked outside to that!!! And as far as the tail gate goes, i figure if they want it bad enough they'll find a way to get it.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
had fun on the way home,

dashboard lit up like aliens were touching down!

turns out, when i put the suspension back together i put a zip tie in the wrong area, and the ABS wire couldnt move (fat spots on wire, FML)

live and learn, i wont make that mistake again, on anyones vehicle :thumb

wire snapped, though i had driven it a good while before it decided to divorce!

CHRISTMASTREE.jpg

CHRISTMASTREE1.jpg

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #115 (Edited)
:cookoo[1]: Rough neighborhood?!?! That sucks man. I would have shit when i walked outside to that!!! And as far as the tail gate goes, i figure if they want it bad enough they'll find a way to get it.
nah not rough neighborhood for sure :thumb

i wasnt the only person that night, and it was an "across the board" deal, where even rich ass people in their fancy neighborhoods were getting jacked, i'll never forget that picture SnafuPossum sent me of a brand new 2013 LML LTZ on blocks, with the factory 20s gone , and it was in a very upscale neighborhood!!

not yet,

i was using my front end as a demonstration to pitch a proposal to my cousin on some ideas that i had

he liked, and we are moving forward :cool:

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #117 (Edited)
pulled the tube to drill and tap a boost gauge
also put the IssPro pyro on the passenger manifold, and thank GOD again, that it works with the fitting that edge uses!, i would hate to drill and tap all over again, and be left with a hold that id have to plug. I put the plastic tubing from auto parts, around the boost cable, and i ran the pyro cable on the back of the firewall with all the other random wires this motor has

i used a vacuum :)

BOOSTGAUGE1.jpg

BOOSTGAUGE2.jpg

BOOSTGAUGE3.jpg

dddd.jpg

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
gauges installed with the CTS

i need to come up with something better and more unique, thats for sure!

NEW GAUGES1.jpg

NEW GAUGES2.jpg

truck going offroad, 4wd was almost a necessity
RECENTOFFROAD.jpg

got into Forbes, for being the coolest guy on the internet with the handle "JWC" :rofl its fake guys, just in case yall were like WTF (cool phone app!!)
FORBESrofl.jpg

101 - 120 of 15477 Posts