Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my old K&N intake sitting in the garage and was gona use it for winter time since I dont have my stock intake anymore. My broski recommended the Ams Oil dry filter over a oil filter and also saw it on "project streetmax" in diesel power mag. Just wondering if anybody uses this setup and how they like it. Thanks guys . . .

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
I'm confused, but I recommend using a stock intake. If you do go to an aftermarket intake, dry filters work better with our MAF sensors unless you are very careful cleaning the filter and clean your MAF on a regular basis.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
i have an amsoil dry filter on my AFE intake. It works pretty good.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm confused, but I recommend using a stock intake. If you do go to an aftermarket intake, dry filters work better with our MAF sensors unless you are very careful cleaning the filter and clean your MAF on a regular basis.
I only have my banks intake and I sold my stock intake to a buddy. I still have a K&N intake and was gonna use it with a Ams Oil dry filter for winter

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
I only have my banks intake and I sold my stock intake to a buddy. I still have a K&N intake and was gonna use it with a Ams Oil dry filter for winter
Why switch intakes?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I would also like to know. Got my K&N for free but the filter has seen better days.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The banks is nice with the scoop during the summer, but during winter it gets dirty real quick from plowing/ salting and the crap NY puts down on the roads. I cant find a dry filter that fits banks' intake. I saw this setup figured Id give it a try

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
i actually did what you did...kept the k&n intake itself but replaced the filter element with a amsoil dry filter

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i actually did what you did...kept the k&n intake itself but replaced the filter element with a amsoil dry filter
How do you like it? My brother only runs that setup now

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
How do you like it? My brother only runs that setup now

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App
good no complaints, no cel lights. and its fairly clean. for the 80$ or whatever it is its better than possibly having to shell out hundreds for a maf

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured it was better than keeping the banks in all winter and fall. I think I cleaned it about 3 times from December to April last season.

Willie: I see the filter you told me fit the 06-07 is smaller than the K&N, will it still flow the same?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a k&n intake do you have the part number for the dry filter? Or point me to a vender who sells them? I always have a can of sensor cleaner in my truck tired of using it...

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EAAU6075 is the part # Willie "mrmanners" gave me for the LBZ K&N intakes. Im ordering through him today and also grabbing some Amsoil filters, might even switch the truck to Amsoil motor oil

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
^^^ mr.manners on the previous page can take care of you

·
Vendor
10,956 Posts
I figured it was better than keeping the banks in all winter and fall. I think I cleaned it about 3 times from December to April last season.

Willie: I see the filter you told me fit the 06-07 is smaller than the K&N, will it still flow the same?
It will provide more than adequate flow. The synthetic media they use allows for better flow over cellulose and wet gauze.

I have a k&n intake do you have the part number for the dry filter? Or point me to a vender who sells them? I always have a can of sensor cleaner in my truck tired of using it...
You can use the EaaU6075. If you want to give me a call we can get you taken care of.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok calling on my break to place my order

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do you like it? Does it still have same turbo response like a oil filter setup?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts