Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum. Lots of info here and everybody seems like good ol boys. Glad to be here. Hopefully there are some others here from the heart of the midwest.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Welcome to the forum man. There's quite a few of us in missouri, we're going to be trying to schedule a get together soon, so be on the lookout for that :thumb

Clean rig you've got there btw, last winter was the same for me in the ol k25, however it caught on fire three times romping in some snow haha

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
I'm down in Wichita,KS. You should come down to the diesel drags this weekend! But welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Welcome to DF from Sedalia!!! Yeah us Missouri guys are trying to get a meet together.

·
This space for rent!
316 Posts
Welcome from another in KC! Hope you enjoy the forums- these guys have been great :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
welcome to the forum man. I am in the KC area often due to family and friends in grandveiw, raymore, and belton area

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum man. There's quite a few of us in missouri, we're going to be trying to schedule a get together soon, so be on the lookout for that :thumb

Clean rig you've got there btw, last winter was the same for me in the ol k25, however it caught on fire three times romping in some snow haha

FIRE?!? Woa i hope to avoid that. Snow just get packed around the exhaust or what?

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
hour south of kc here... Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will def keep my eyes peeled for a meet Im sure thats a pretty good time and it would be awesome to get together with other gearheads nearby.

·
Registered
532 Posts
welcome to the forum

i'm from the east side (STL)... will be in KC next week for contractor training :)()... oh well, jack stack here i come!!!

·
This space for rent!
316 Posts
Now you guys just made me hungry. I know where I am headed for dinner tonight.. :rof

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
FIRE?!? Woa i hope to avoid that. Snow just get packed around the exhaust or what?
haha not the duramax, had an old 80 k25 on 36s. Turns out after a full day of romping in some fields in la monte all of the hay, brush, etc. gets smeared with the grease from 30+ years of buildup all over engine/firewall and when it overheats the headers like to light some stuff.. :eek: :drink

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha not the duramax, had an old 80 k25 on 36s. Turns out after a full day of romping in some fields in la monte all of the hay, brush, etc. gets smeared with the grease from 30+ years of buildup all over engine/firewall and when it overheats the headers like to light some stuff.. :eek: :drink

That sounds epic. I need to pick up tires this year before the snow hits. The terra grapplers ended up being not that great

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
Man i would love to run my truck down the strip. Wichita is SUCH A HAUL though. When and where this weekend?
Kansas International Dragway. At about 2pm. It should be a pretty good time!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
That sounds epic. I need to pick up tires this year before the snow hits. The terra grapplers ended up being not that great
Oh yeah, it was a good time for sure. It was when we had about 14". Caught it on fire three times, put it out with snow each of the times and still drove it home lol. Just lost some electronics/heat, but that's what carhartts are for, right?
Yeah i'm in need of some new meats before snow hits too, there have been some pretty good deals on craigslist recently, so i'll be picking up a set when i get back to the area here shortly

1 - 20 of 21 Posts