Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just found out about this stuff today, and I planning on getting a newer truck this year (2012 and up). I've noticed in the newer trucks the leather seams cheaper and not as nice as my current 05. Just wondering if this stuff is worth it and what people who have it think of it quality and comfort wise.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I asked around a lot already and have only heard good things about the product. In fact i just removed my cloth covers yesterday and orderd my Katzkins today off Amazon for 550. I should have then on this week and i will update you when im finished.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes yes and yes!!!!! I would tear my stock leather out in a heart beat if somebody wanted to buy it right now. I installed just some plain jane black Katskinz in my old 07.5 half ton and absolutly loved the feel and look of the leather. Install it yourself and save a shit ton. I paid $550.00 for my crewcab and put the leather in myself. Took several hours cuz obviously you have to remove all the seats but it was surprisingly easy to do plus you get to deep-clean your interior while evrything is out.

Reactions: Bignewt72

·
Registered
2022 Forest Metallic Sierra AT4 HD
808 Posts
I had stock leather in my old 06 LBZ and as soon as it cracked and discolored I did Katzkin and didn't look back! MUCH MUCH better than the OBS leather

Reactions: Sicazlmm

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
i can't compare Katzkin, but my 15's leather is of better quality in comparison to my Lexus

·
Registered
2022 Forest Metallic Sierra AT4 HD
808 Posts
i can't compare Katzkin, but my 15's leather is of better quality in comparison to my Lexus
honestly my 15's leather impressed me at the start but 8k miles of driving and the seats are showing more wear than expected. even with a good leather conditioning and cleaning

·
Registered
676 Posts
Can't compare, but I had cloth seats in my LMM before I went to Katzkins. I think it may be one of the best mods I've done to the truck. I genuinely enjoy driving my truck even more after doing the seats.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
The driver side seat in my 06 is ripped, if I only replace the driver seat will it match up with the factory leather pretty close or should I at least do both front seats.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I helped a friend put katzkins in his '12 mega cab. The fit was amazing and the quality seemed top notch.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Its so worth it!! I had it in my 08 lmm an put 100k miles on it as a farm work truck and it held up GREAT! Loved it, next thing I'm doing to my 2015 after the full delete.
Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like when I buy my new(er) duramax I'll be putting katzkin in it! It will give me a chance to make sure I get rid of most of the previous owners slime, only after I run through the rest of the truck and make sure there are no majors

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
honestly my 15's leather impressed me at the start but 8k miles of driving and the seats are showing more wear than expected. even with a good leather conditioning and cleaning
Ive put 10k+ on the truck and mine still look brand new. I guess it can vary on weight/size of the person. But I condition mine regularly and I'm 6'2" 210. My Lexus showed wear at 5k and has only gotten worse. I'm over 70k on my '08 IS and it looks like a catchers mitt lol

·
Registered
674 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find an accurate part number for a 2007.5 crew cab. I want to make sure I am ordering the right set.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Dollar for dollar probably the best upgrade you can do.I replaced the cloth seats in my 07 Cummins with these and fell in love with my truck all over again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.