Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, twice I have ripped open the reducer boot from my high pressure turbo going into the hot side IC pipe. One boot was the one that came with my SDP twin turbo kit that blew open when I was racing a dodge charger going down the highway at about 120, the other was last friday night at the dragstrip. On my second pass right as I was crossing the finish line it blew again. I talked with Scott from SDP and he is surprised this is happening and he thinks that the t bolt clamp must be cutting into the silicone reducer. Is anyone else having this problem? Any permanent fixes (other than cutting and welding a flange for Vband?)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've had the same issue with the boot that came with the kit black on black. Scott sent me a newer style black outside orange inside, I didn't blow it but I did start to see where the clamp was beginning to cut through. I replaced it last night and didnt tighten in down as much as before, hopefully it was just an overtightening issue causing the clamp to cut through.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
might try that, i loosened it and slid it all the way back on because after launching it the boot slid down to the lip of the turbo outlet. I have got more boots on the way but I am worried that the boot busting under load is gonna cause issue with the turbo or something

·
Registered
84 Posts
What kind of max boost do you get with yours? Mine spends most of its time on the tow tune which seems to be limited to 30psi and 1200egt (which is perfect). I haven't gone above the street tune which makes around 50psi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts