Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok currently my truck is sitting with leveling keys an add a leaf on 285's my ride sucks. shud I remove add a leaf and find a one inch block or shud I drop it back down to stock and throw smaller tires on it. love the look but on the flop to keep it or lower it and keep wear an tear down an tire replacment low and get my ride quality back. what you guys think/what would you do? here is a picture

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my keys are all the way down and the front is only a inch lower then the back

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I say sell the 16s and go to some 20s and you will be:rockkin

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol there 17's and I have thought about runing same size tire but with a 20 but first I want the truck to not ride like a log truck!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
They don't ride that bad honestly but this is also coming from a guy who drove a cummins with camper springs in the back and 35s it was a log truck lol I tell ya what just rock yours for a little bit longer and I'm fixing to go 20s and 305s as soon as I wear these rubbers out and I will let ya know lol

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol i cant afford you rims sorry. and i dont tow anything so the ride bugs me alot does anyone know where I can get 1.5 or 2 inch blocks at? just need the blocks and me and my dad can get them in. I just dont wanna feel like the back end is coming off the ground anymore

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
OK, Well fill me in on this.

Your bars are already all the way down??? If then your ride sholdn't be rough in the front.

YOu have a 1" block in the rear?? Remove that, then the front and rear should match and your ride should be a little better. I just can't see you havind a bad ride on t-bars that are not cranked. It has to be coming from the rear

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i have a add-a-leaf in the rear and I want to find a 1-2inch block whatever I need so that I can have better ride in the rear. right now it feels like I bounce all over and its driving me nuts just want it smoother, would takeing out the add-a-leaf and putting in a block help this issue?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and yes t bars are all the way down

·
Registered
581 Posts
I put 3" drop shackles on the rear and lowered t-bars all the way down with 285 tires and I love the look and rubs in one spot just enough to clean it with no rubbing noise and rides great...

Want your good ride back take those leveling keys out cuz they are a waste of money anyways and that'll help the front.... On the back I dont know how stiff those are so its up to you on those

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
How much air are you running in the tires? If you aren't towing they don't have to be filled to the brim...

Just a thought

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks and I do like the look of a slightly lowered truck with 285's on 20's do you loose any towing capacity doing drop shackles? and how did you get it not to rub? and are you on stock keys? sorry for all the questions havent looked into how to do what you did but very interested

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the info guys really appreciate it ill def look into zone and psi i keep around 60 have had less and the back still bounces around and is pretty stiff

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I put 3" drop shackles on the rear and lowered t-bars all the way down with 285 tires and I love the look and rubs in one spot just enough to clean it with no rubbing noise and rides great...

Want your good ride back take those leveling keys out cuz they are a waste of money anyways and that'll help the front.... On the back I dont know how stiff those are so its up to you on those
Listen to this guy. Leveling keys r a quick way to problems. The add a leaf isn't helping. If u don't tow I would throw stock keys in like quick said and take the add a leaf and the overload out. New shocks and u r in business. U could run 285's with minor trimming.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
roger that lol not to inconvience you but can you take pictures of your set up like how it looks under the truck so I can see how you did your drop shackles and stuff? im more a visual person and I can go out to my own truck and really see it better. if thats possible

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
roger that lol not to inconvience you but can you take pictures of your set up like how it looks under the truck so I can see how you did your drop shackles and stuff? im more a visual person and I can go out to my own truck and really see it better. if thats possible
I def will. Prob tomorrow. U can get lowering keys for like 70 bucks and I think my drop shackles were about 70. Heck the shocks r the worst part, cost wise. U have a good looking truck and I think with a new stance u will love ur truck all over again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts