Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since i have ditched the Bully Dog i have found out that my truck can do a really good burn out now (on 33's yet) and the rear end will stay locked up for that. Now onto my question is how do i get the rear end to stay locked up when trying to swing a donut or something? I can not get my truck to swing out to save my life, it will just spin the inside tire and thats it.

Thanks

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
i have no prob in mine...throwing smoke on both tires and the uncontrollable but yet controllable burnout you are referring to...

god that makes no sense at all

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Burnouts are no problem at all, Will spin both tires just fine. How do i get the rear end to stay locked up either around a corner when i want it to to swing the back end out, or do a donut or ringer. Any ideas?

Again, two wheel burnouts are no problem at all now without the Bully Dog and its terrible de-fueling.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
............uh KEEP it floored:D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe im expecting too much outta this big truck? Im used to my little Camaro which can whip around with zero problems

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Start spinning the tires before you start turning???? IDK... BFG's are too damn expensive for me to do that stuff!!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Yeah I haven't done a burn out with my new Mickey's because they are way too expensive

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
your rear is probably garbage like mine was... mine had a mind of its own sometimes it would decide to let me drift it sometimes it would just one leg...it eventually broke and sized in the lock position and ended up with a spool lol. that got old quick so i went and bought a detroit trutrac limited slip diff...the run about 900 bucks or better but man are they sweet.

see third video down for sweetness confirmation :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
yea its most likely the limited slip in the rear. most of the time they will always kick posi when doing a burnout and should stay locked once spinning. your limited slip is prolly bitched. its one of those things you have to master and keep um both rollin' or spend the dough and get the detroit tru-trac.

·
Registered
378 Posts
your rear is probably garbage like mine was... mine had a mind of its own sometimes it would decide to let me drift it sometimes it would just one leg...it eventually broke and sized in the lock position and ended up with a spool lol. that got old quick so i went and bought a detroit trutrac limited slip diff...the run about 900 bucks or better but man are they sweet.

see third video down for sweetness confirmation :D
I seriously doubt that all driving was done on a closed course..:rof

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
yea its most likely the limited slip in the rear. most of the time they will always kick posi when doing a burnout and should stay locked once spinning. your limited slip is prolly bitched. its one of those things you have to master and keep um both rollin' or spend the dough and get the detroit tru-trac.
from the factory they're not limited slip...its a G80 auto-locking differential made by eaton...

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
22,084 Posts
from the factory they're not limited slip...its a G80 auto-locking differential made by eaton...
beech, can you go a little more in depth on this please! for the life of me, mine will only spin one tire and mostly the right rear!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is there any additives i can add to these rear ends to help it lock up more? Like my Camaro rear end made me add a special additive.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I did the same as beech, My locker gear blew appart and i went out and got a TrucTrac and love it. Locks up everytime! My old diff would usually only spin on tire, no i can spin both no problem, Next is a tranny though.....:mad:

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
beech, can you go a little more in depth on this please! for the life of me, mine will only spin one tire and mostly the right rear!
Is there any additives i can add to these rear ends to help it lock up more? Like my Camaro rear end made me add a special additive.
Sadly you're pretty much at it's mercy. There are no additaves got it because there are no clutches in it. Your best bet for whipping donuts is like Sean said start out powerbraking it then whip it.....but that doesn't mean it's not just gonna unlock once you start spinning. That's what mine used to do

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.