Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending over an hour trying to release my fuel line from the sending unit I get to the next issue . installing the kennedy lift pump kit with the fuel quick disconnects. The inside tabs keep getting caught on the raised part of the steel fuel line as i push the fitting onto it. is their something special in getting this on? . I'm tempted to use the clamps. if I did that, I'd be all done by now.

Attachments

Premium Member
Pull the yellow keeper out, slide on, push yellow keeper back in the slot.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so here's a dumb question. do i pull the keeper all the way out of the holder ? I tried that earlier but then couldnt push it back in once i pushed the fitting over the fuel line. obviously im doing something wrong thx

Premium Member
Maybe you need to hold pressure against it as you slide the lock back in?

After I and a friend fought with getting that OE quick release to release, I remember mine were a simple pull out, slide on, return the clip. Dreamy.

I thought at the time, "WTH didn't GM use this simple quick connect?" It was easy.

Premium Member
Maybe you need to hold pressure against it as you slide the lock back in?

After I and a friend fought with getting that OE quick release to release, I remember mine were a simple pull out, slide on, return the clip. Dreamy.

I thought at the time, "WTH didn't GM use this simple quick connect?" It was easy.
I had that pull out type on my fuel tank. At the back of my engine though I had the standard GM "Not so Quick Disconnects" that required the tool to disconnect.

For the life of me I can't figure why two different types on the same truck.

Registered
The engine has more movement and heat, which means you need all lines more securely connected.

Registered
Make sure you have it shoved all the way on the line and push down on the yellow tab.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help. I figured it out. the quick-connect had an inner connector that was 3/8 and would stop the connector from getting past the i/2" steel line. i removed that part of it and it snapped right onto the line.

Attachments

Registered
That inner piece is suppose to stay inside the fitting. I have an extra same exact fitting in the shop that I just tried on a 1/2" line and it worked fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
damn. ok I put the insert back in place and I'll try again tonight. im using a lot of force trying to push the line onto the . sending unit and dont want to damage it . thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
figured it out. could've kicked myself. when pulling the oem connect off it left behind part of the connector on the pipe. now I know why it was so hard to pull off the oem connector. once I removed that the connector snapped right on. all that's left now is to prime the fuel system and run around for a few days before tuning on the pump.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts