Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered up and installed the Kennedy twin lift pump deluxe on Friday. What an easy install that was. Maybe took 3 hours after all was said and done.

The biggest reason for me to install them was because my "change fuel filter" warning kept coming on when I was playing around. Well, in the process of installing the pumps I realized that the line I replaced with the setup was partially collapsed, probably the reason for the change filter warning. Killed two birds with one stone I guess. Gave me a good reason to upgrade. Now I just need to install the Mega filter kit I ordered with it.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
In installing a single, I too found issue with that flex line @ the tank. After install, I delayed powering up the pump for a few days, realizing in the process how much better it ran with that line removed....and still pulling fuel thru 3 filters, instead of just the stock one as before. :farmer

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I drove mine around for about 5 minutes and could resist the urge to plug it in. I'm going to run through all of the other fuel lines as well just for good measure.

I'm really impressed on the difference in how the truck drives. It used to surge some and was a bit sluggish down low. Now i just need to get my tunes updated and I'll be good. What filters did you stick on yours?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Registered
I ordered up and installed the Kennedy twin lift pump deluxe on Friday. What an easy install that was. Maybe took 3 hours after all was said and done.

The biggest reason for me to install them was because my "change fuel filter" warning kept coming on when I was playing around. Well, in the process of installing the pumps I realized that the line I replaced with the setup was partially collapsed, probably the reason for the change filter warning. Killed two birds with one stone I guess. Gave me a good reason to upgrade. Now I just need to install the Mega filter kit I ordered with it.
Cool! I ordered the same stuff for my 06 LBZ a week or so ago. I've got the pumps in and the wiring harness in and just about done installing the MEGA under the air box tray. Let me know if you have any questions if you run in to any issues.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Did you plumb your mega in as a primary or secondary. I'm still debating on which way i want to do mine but I'm leaning towards a secondary.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
What filters did you stick on yours?
I plumbed in two Hastings KF-33 1-14 thread filter heads fore/aft the pump. Primary is the BF1212, the Secondary is a BF7633 and the Tertiary filter is a Racor in the stock location.

Your greatest efficiency in water removal with your primary FWS filter is to 'pull' the fuel thru, not push it thru aft pump. I would use your aux filter as a primary (before pump) filter and use the Racor or Baldwin at the stock location for your secondary fine particulate filter.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to hang something under the truck like that but i don't have hardly any room. My tank takes up all of my usable space in that area. That's why i opted for the mega filter mounted up behind the bumper. I don't really want to hang it outside the frame.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
There's a whole 'nother area of space 'beside' the tank, mounting to the tank shield side, or the plate used for the gassers' emission stuff.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have a tank shield on mine because of the oversized tank i have. I mounted the pumps to the emissions bracket but if i put anything lower it would be a bit to close to the driveshaft for my comfort.

Registered
Did you plumb your mega in as a primary or secondary. I'm still debating on which way i want to do mine but I'm leaning towards a secondary.

I'm plumbing it as secondary based on recommendation of JK.

Registered
I'm plumbing it as secondary based on recommendation of JK.
I would question that because if you are using either a Racor PFF50216 or Baldwin BF9882 on the OEM filter head as your primary filter then your primary filter filters better than your secondary filter and it should be the other way around.

Registered
^^^ i'm running the Donaldson PF553023 in the oem position

Registered
^^^ correction. P553023

Registered
1 - 15 of 15 Posts