Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my truck used from a friend and he only had one key and the lock/unlock fob. For some strange reason, the "unlock" will not work. What to do...........??

Come to think of it, I'm really risking it by not having another key for me truck. Is this key able to be copied at a local establishment or do I have to do something diff ? Just now thought about it, to tell you the truth.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
do you have the owner's manual to your truck? If not, go here: Manuals and DTC List You might need to change the battery in it too.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I've done this before...and it's real easy. Go to ebay....purchase 2 key fobs for about 25 bucks...it comes with the programming and everything. And they will work fine. If you go to chevy....30 per fob and 75 to program it....its BS. You can do it yourself....real easy. And they are genuine GM fobs. As for the key....you will have to go to GM dealer...I believe it's 20 or 30 per key.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.