Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2003 k2500 last night,(my first diesel) and noticed that one of the keyless entry fobs does not work. I switched out the batteries and the same one would not work. I am assuming that this is a dealer only fix? What is the charge for a new one? Is there any option on the truck that would disable one of the key fobs? Thanks in advance. I am sure I will have many other questions while getting to know this truck.

Abe

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
There should be programming inforation on the FOB in the owner's manual. here are the procedures to make it work again if you don't have an owner's manual.

Resynchronization
Resynchronization may be necessary due to the
security method used by this system. The transmitter
does not send the same signal twice to the receiver. The
receiver will not respond to a signal that has been
sent previously. This prevents anyone from recording
and playing back the signal from the transmitter.
To resynchronize your transmitter, stand close to your
vehicle and press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK
buttons on the transmitter at the same time for
15 seconds. The door locks should cycle to confirm
synchronization. If the locks do not cycle, see your
dealer for service.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did resynchronize it at the dealers request, and it worked once. Doors cycled and then I locked and unlocked the doors once. After that it did nothing, I tried to resychronize and still nothing, he said it may have to be reprogrammed. Heading there tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
good to know that you got it figured out. They replaced it for free right?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup, now I just have to figure out the power mirrors, and I should be all set, also the windshield wipers jerk when I use them sometimes. They stop just for a split second, like they get caught on something, then jerk back to the place they should be? This truck sure is making me nervous- seems to be many electrical problems.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I learned my lesson not to buy some things used. I bought a used fob off ebay and the insides had been swapped. I tried to program it and it didn't work, so I ended up taking it to a dealer and they tried, then tested, then opened it and the inner was for a car with a trunk button, so I ended up buying a new one. Then had to argue and get my money back from the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts