Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im boucing around with what to get. should i just get keys with shock extenders or get the cognito UCA kit. 140 kit or 500 kit?

i have a set of 17X10 4.75 back spacing with 305/65r17 procomp xtream mts and they fit. but bumper trim needs trimming and she gets tight around the fender on the cab. no problem level the truck.

i have no problem with spending a little extra as long as the performance and longevity is there. i want to hear form people who have done one of these kits. as far as i see and hear tons of people do the keys. but not many have done the cognito kit.

any advice or input would be great and i have read the sticky about cranking the front end several times. i just want to hear from the people who have done this. i dont want to the just the keys and extenders and end up doing ball joints every year or something like that.
\
:drink:drink:drink

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
If you don't want to change ball joints all the time, get the cognito UCAs. I have them and love it. Get longer shocks too. I have the bilstein 5100s. Truck rides better than stock and I have the front cranked about 1.5". I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to put the UCAs on.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you don't want to change ball joints all the time, get the cognito UCAs. I have them and love it. Get longer shocks too. I have the bilstein 5100s. Truck rides better than stock and I have the front cranked about 1.5". I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to put the UCAs on.
how often were you doing ball joints? and after you got the cognitos UCAs did you still need keys to crank up the front end?

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
I have 60K on my ball joints in my cognitos. When I had green keys and shock extenders I was eating a set every 40K give or take.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so i just ordered 33x12.50r17 and cognito UCA with shock extension brackets, keys,ppe tie rod sleeves. should be a fun weekend to install

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so the UCA are installed tie rod sleeved had to replace the inner tie rods cause one was going south. installed new keys. it all done. the keys are way too much. with the adjuster bolts out but the cross piece still in my control arms where bottomed out. so nows i am in the proccess of taking the keys out and putting the stock keys back in. yay

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice choice!! Cant wait to see some pics!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all done i have it set up for an alignment tomorrow morning then putting my 33x12.50r 17s on its gonna be sweet

·
Registered
833 Posts
i just put keys in the other day and one of the adjustment bolts striped out so now i have to get a new bolt and keeper

·
Registered
5,777 Posts

X2

Went the same route and the truck drive alot better than stock even with the front cranked up.
Just be sure that if you change the ride height in the front, you need to realign it again too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts