Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled up beside this 600 Ninja today he was revin every 2 secs so I bump my throttle a little of course he laughed when the light turned green he tucked down gunned it and so did I. I pulled a half a truck on him and laughed at him out my driver window. We ran outta road at about 70mph then we pulled into cracker barrel I pulled up beside him and all he could say was damn that diesel is fast. He said his bike was all stock but I'm still impressed.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I'm guessing it was old as balls and he didnt have a clue how to ride or your truck is out of control.

·
Registered
477 Posts
That's cool man, good job. Something tells me this guy didn't know how to ride though, because I used to have a ZX6 and those things are wicked fast.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He said he just bought it. But it wasn't very impressive my Harley coulda out run him.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
I beat a 750

But it was no ninja, and I have 33s with the Diablo at 120 at that time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
ha ha! i raced an R6 one time... for about 60ft.... then i watched him go bye bye... but then he got pulled over for speeding... I won :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
It was a 15 flat.. I cannot seem to get in the 14s to save my life. I do not know if it is crappy elevation(3600ft) or track prep. I have a pretty hot tune with EFI now and I will find out how much bettter I can do in a few weeks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My truck is not very impressive after about 70mph but it's quick taking off it'll reorganize my things in the cab and the bed

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Ohh and for the record I beat him twice.
Just incase any of you thought it was a fluke. Like I did when I beat him the first time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What was he wanting to try again or you know him

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
I just happened to line up with him twice that night. I honestly thought he was going to hand it to me. I also raced a Dodge ram SRT-10 that same night and spanked him too.(Twice)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
John what kinda improvements from efi over predator did you expierence there is a local shop near me that does efi live my buddy works there on the weekends he's a Gm master tech at the local dealer. He keeps telling me to ditch the predator

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Where do I start.... The powerband is a lot smoother, My egts dropped about 100 degrees in town and acellerating, the economy got better. The truck just seems happier with the EFI. The predator was a good tuner but nothing compared to EFI. My Race tune spools up and shoots out of the hole twice a fast as the predator did. Plus with the DSP switch I do not have to wait for a tune to load I just turn the dial. I have an economy tune I turned the timing down and used the stock fuel tables with the boost down and I can get 19-20 pretty reliable. Running 75 at about 800 degrees EGT

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow what kinda price range is that set up with the switch I need to save up for that. I've heard alot of people on here recommend efi but I see you have the same truck with the same tuner to compare to mine thanks for the good info I will be concidering that for sure.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
The whole package will run you 800-850 but well worth it. I did my own DSP conversion so I saved a little. I think I have about 1000 tied up in three liscenses three switches, four programs and the V2.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
You can cut it almost in half if you do not purchase any of the equipment to tune it your self.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks I will be saving for it

·
Registered
818 Posts
I thought if you were going to load the tunes you needed the tuning equipment?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts