Discussion Starter #1
got my reflashed ecm from michael last week with the dsp5 switch

my set up was
1. Tow Plus +88
2. +108
3. +138
4. +168
5. +198

tunes are great. i ran around town trying out the diff tunes. all have great throttle response on the low and top end. this weekend i towed my 26 weekend warrior and switched off between level 1 and 2. they both work great for what i was towing (maybe 12k) i pulled up a pretty steep hill in 4th, the egts never went over 1200 and the turbo was barely over 10psi and it easily held 55-60mph. over all the truck sounds better and runs smoother. only problem i had is i limped the trans on the highway twice

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Thats a lot of 8's

·
Registered
248 Posts
you limped the tranny from the tune! that doesnt sound good... how did you get it out of limp mode?

but im glad you like it

·
Registered
585 Posts
Which tune were you in when you limped it?

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
To get it out of limp mode you put in park and shut it off. Turn it back on a few minutes later and you are good to go. Beware every time you limp it the easy it gets to limp

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was in my level 3. ive limped it a few times before so it was kinda beat up already.

i was on the ten passing a car who was being a dick for no reason i pulled over and siconnected the positives on both bateries. when u re connect it it will be out of limp mode but the check engine light will still be on

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh u can just turn it off? haha

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont think i do, i sold my ppe

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Just buy a cheap scan tool to clear the limp mode codes. I run Killerbee's tuning and it is his first time tuning a LBZ on mine (yes, mine is a 06 LLY but it's the same exact thing, different factory tuning). His new tune on mine works pretty well so far, except the need to change the fuel filter on mine. Runs cooler also.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i love it so far

·
Registered
132 Posts
I might have missed it on your sig, but I'm guessing you're running a stock tranny? And are those flywheel or RW hp numbers?
Sounds awesome!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
why are there all the "8's"

Is that to make it sound as if hes dyno'd all of them, and trying to make it sound like "oh look, its ALMOST 200hp, everyone else would have rounded it off to 200, but look at me, look how honest I am, I dont round stuff, I give you the straight story truth"

Or am I the only person who saw right through that.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
It's all sales hype.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Let the product speak for it's self, how can we knock it if we haven't tried/verified it? I bet he can back it up, but either way marketing is marketing, everyone tries to get a name out. And if it works, who really cares in the end.

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
J
why are there all the "8's"

Is that to make it sound as if hes dyno'd all of them, and trying to make it sound like "oh look, its ALMOST 200hp, everyone else would have rounded it off to 200, but look at me, look how honest I am, I dont round stuff, I give you the straight story truth"

Or am I the only person who saw right through that.
Sales pitch is all, Id be willing to bet maybe 1 tune has seen a dyno and that prolly from customer report....

Hey ill start doing this....

Race tunes:
13.999 tune
12.999 tune
11.999 tune

Sled pull tunes:
266 ft tune
288 ft tune
300 ft tune
Rofl
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
J
Sales pitch is all, Id be willing to bet maybe 1 tune has seen a dyno and that prolly from customer report....

Hey ill start doing this....

Race tunes:
13.999 tune
12.999 tune
11.999 tune

Sled pull tunes:
266 ft tune
288 ft tune
300 ft tune
Rofl
:rolleyes:
What no tune that lowers engine temps by 99 degrees....:)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
are u guys serious

1 - 20 of 42 Posts