Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 silverado 2500hd
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up everyone. I finally decided to join after just browsing as a gust.lol. i have a 2008 silverado 2500 and it is all stock powertrain wise. i got it right before covid got bad here in the USA.it had 127xxx miles on it. it was a one owner truck and was local. i thought i was getting an awesome deal until the transfer case went out and had to be replaced 3 weeks after i got it and then after that the engine went at 135000. thank goodness i bought the extended warranty! i got a new gm long block, cp3, and turbo. i am hoping that is all i have to go through with it. yall have a good one

·
Premium Member
10,516 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Reactions: 08cody

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
288 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome! And that’s pretty wild to buy it an just have to replace all that! Even with the extended warranty it sucks you did have it to drive it for a couple weeks I’m sure! Hopefully thats the last repairs, unless the rest is under warranty to let them build you a new truck 😂

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2008 silverado 2500hd
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Super,
Yes it has been a wild ride. I was not expecting to ever use that warranty with such low mileage on the truck I just got a gut feeling that told me to go ahead and get it. Lol. I look at it now as pretty much a new truck. The only thing that is my concern is the transmission but I don't really do a whole lot of pulling with it now that I am not working out of state anymore thanks to covid. And I can start my own service records on it and know that it will last me for years to come.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Your gut feeling said let’s build us a new truck! 😂😂 there’s a lot of good information on here, sometimes you gotta dig around but keeping your trans healthy is a pretty popular topic, just don’t drive yourself crazy with it! I’m all for keeping things nice but do what you want at the end of the day, searching for best oils an fluids on here…. Might as well beat your head off the wall 😂 do what works for you an stick with it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts