Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i notices today my truck is kinda loping at idle not bad like a lope idle but u can kinda hear one. i was wondering if i should be worried or is it normal i guess i have never really payed attention? any advice would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I wouldn't worry just yet. Wait and see if you start to get smoke. Could be a sign of the fuel pressure regulator going bad, or it could be a sign of injectors acting funny (stuck open or something). Do you run any additive in the fuel?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No everyonece in a while I do but havnt latly. Should I put some injector cleaner in and run some additive or no? How much does a fuel pressure regulator run about?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I believe they run about 500... 700 if installed by a dealer, but the FPR is not always the case, it could be this shitty winter blend fuel we are just getting out of our pumps, run some additive and give it a while

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What additive do u guys prefer?

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Where is rawlin by the way? And ya just give it time to see if any more signs come up. Run 2 cycle oil or Power Service Diesel Kleen the gray bottle

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohw much of the bottle should I put in when I fill up of the diesel kleen

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
^^^ yea I agree, I use the PS Diesel kleen grey bottle

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Half the bottle

·
Registered
9 Posts
i use 2 stroke oil... works just fine

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What kind of 2 stroke oil does it matter and how much of it ?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chevy dmax89 rawlins is over in wyoming and it gets pretty damn cold here so hopefully I got some bad fuel

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Well with the freezing temps and the winter fuel blend its gonna run different than 90 degree weather. Dont worry about it, just keep using additives. These LB7 injectors really need it. Run it even in summer..

·
Registered
9 Posts
blue bottle from walmart... make sure its the twc-3 or tcw-3. u can buy the quart or the 16oz bottles. i get the 16 oz bottles and dump the entire thing in there

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i put in the diesel kleen the gray bottle today so i will see how that does

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it hasnt been that long ago maybe like december january sometime in there

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Any luck with the Diesel Kleen?

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
it hasnt been that long ago maybe like december january sometime in there
I'd try changing the fuel filter. I change mine every 5k, and sometimes sooner. Fuel quality is getting worse, no matter where you buy it. I add a can of sea foam every now and then, and a small bottle of 2 stroke oil every oil change, but I don't use any additives regularly. I'm still on factory injectors. I've owned the truck since it was new and it has 171,000 miles on it.

Sometimes my truck has a lopey idle when the filter needs changing. It's not getting the fuel through the filter at idle, but it does when under throttle because the fuel pump is able to pull harder.

In most vehicles, the pump pushes fuel. In ours, it pulls fuel. I'd put money on the fuel filter being the problem.

Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.