Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, can you mount a Klune underdrive to a np205 or an np203 transfer case? And how much power can the david model (4:1 reduction) handle? I know the Goliath can handle around 1000 horsepower but I it only goes down to 2.72:1 instead of 4:1. Can anybody enlighten me or give me a link to where I can find this out?? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
How slow are you looking to go? 4:1 hooked to a 205 will get ya around 8:1 in 1st on the allison you'll be around 25:1, depending on your rear end you could be anywhere from 93-135:1, given the torque these motors make you could idle your way up a tree.
You could just get a doubler and run a 205/203 combo and have a 4:1 low. Now if your doing this and running a divorced mount you wont hardly move in 1st gear.

looking at their site, the later 205's will bolt up, earlier ones need an adapter and they can build them to fit just about anything you'd ever need.
High Impact - Klune-V Extreme Underdrive

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How slow are you looking to go? 4:1 hooked to a 205 will get ya around 8:1 in 1st on the allison you'll be around 25:1, depending on your rear end you could be anywhere from 93-135:1, given the torque these motors make you could idle your way up a tree.
You could just get a doubler and run a 205/203 combo and have a 4:1 low. Now if your doing this and running a divorced mount you wont hardly move in 1st gear.

looking at their site, the later 205's will bolt up, earlier ones need an adapter and they can build them to fit just about anything you'd ever need.
High Impact - Klune-V Extreme Underdrive
Thanks for the info, ill be running a nv4500 with a doubler np205/np203 with an underdrive. I'll be doing a lot of crawling! I'll probably go with the goliath model since the david isn't rated for how much torque I'll be putting out. And with a 4.56 rear end I'll be CRAWLING through anything. Or towing anything out, pulling down houses etc etc. :neener

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Call em up and tell them what you want, I'm pretty sure they will find a way to make it all work, not going to be cheap though. You could do the 205/203 and run that through a divorced 205 and do roughly the same thing. Neither of the NP cases are rated for the torque of a Dmax either (rumored to be between 1100 and 1500lb/ft) with a stock engine in 1st you'll be feeding it a potential 4200lb/ft if you can manage to get a full load on the engine. Really just about anything downstream of the trans will be grossly over its torque limit if you manage to develop full torque at the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts