Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a '11 Denali HD that I bought used in '14 and have been driving it around stock for the last four years with the exception of a mini maxx tuner on the street tune ( I believe it's 80 HP). I pulled the trigger today on a MBRP 5" down pipe back exhaust and down pipe and was thinking about getting the MCC unlock code and Kory's tunes but can't seem to find them anywhere other than a website called red dragon tuning which I've never heard of. I went on the PPEI website and tried to contact them via email about tuning but got an error message when I tried to submit. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get Kory's tunes on the mini maxx, or should I just go with the canned H&S dpf delete tunes?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I'd give PPEI a direct call on this or get hooked up with mrmanners (Willie) here on the forum. He sells Kory's tunes and may be able to help out. Love working with Willie on stuff, going to be getting a tune from PPEI on my new 2016 in a while. Probably an exhaust and other goodies too :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd give PPEI a direct call on this or get hooked up with mrmanners (Willie) here on the forum. He sells Kory's tunes and may be able to help out. Love working with Willie on stuff, going to be getting a tune from PPEI on my new 2016 in a while. Probably an exhaust and other goodies too :)

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll probably give PPEI a call on Monday and see what they say.

·
Registered
248 Posts
IIRC I contacted PPEI and they quit making those tunes years ago. I also have a mini maxx...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IIRC I contacted PPEI and they quit making those tunes years ago. I also have a mini maxx...
I contacted mrmanners and he told me the same thing. They stopped doing the MCC tuning when the EZlynk came out. So I guess I'm outta luck. I'd love to get an Autocal with TCM tuning but dont really have the funds at the moment since I just shelled out a good chunk of change for the exhaust. Are you still happy with the stock mini maxx tunes? My exhaust should be here Thursday but I probably won't have time to put it on for a few weeks. Hopefully all goes well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Oh ya. I have no complaints on the Mini Maxx. It shifts well and plenty of power.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I dont consider it much and from what ive seen of "custom tunes" I cant tell much of a difference if at all.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I still use the mini maxx as a gauge. But I put in kory’s tunes via ppei. In my opinion the mini maxx can dump more smoke. Where as korys is A LOT CLEANER. Which is nice. Smokes some but no where near the H&S.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still use the mini maxx as a gauge. But I put in kory’s tunes via ppei. In my opinion the mini maxx can dump more smoke. Where as korys is A LOT CLEANER. Which is nice. Smokes some but no where near the H&S.
Yeah, I would love to get the PPEI tuning but I already have the mini maxx and can't really afford to buy another tuner right now. Unfortunately they aren't doing the PPEI tunes for the mini anymore.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The mini maxx is still a good tuner. I never had any problems when I ran it. But just so you know. I think for the most part is you buy ppei or something similar. I think you need to purchase the dsp5/lsp5 switch in order to switch on the fly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How’s it going, I’m new to this forum and the world of owning a deisel. I have a 2011 lml and recently hooked it up, down pipe with 5” flopro, egr, dpf delete and a minimaxx tuner. I haven’t had any issues besides the loud drone when towing. I installed a 30” resonator from FTE, and couldn’t be happier. My question is what happens if my tunner stops working? Can I uninstall the minimaxx tune and return it back to the factory setting, to be able to install a different tunner?

·
Registered
29 Posts
How’s it going, I’m new to this forum and the world of owning a deisel. I have a 2011 lml and recently hooked it up, down pipe with 5” flopro, egr, dpf delete and a minimaxx tuner. I haven’t had any issues besides the loud drone when towing. I installed a 30” resonator from FTE, and couldn’t be happier. My question is what happens if my tunner stops working? Can I uninstall the minimaxx tune and return it back to the factory setting, to be able to install a different tunner?
I am actually in this boat now. My mini maxx bricked and I have no way to change tunes or remove the tunes other than get the tuner fixed (hopefully) or go to the stealership and have the stock tuning put on the truck. :(

It sounds like all the tuners (companies) are being shut down by the EPA after the Clean Air Act. Might be hard to get tunes very soon if not already.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I am actually in this boat now. My mini maxx bricked and I have no way to change tunes or remove the tunes other than get the tuner fixed (hopefully) or go to the stealership and have the stock tuning put on the truck. :(

It sounds like all the tuners (companies) are being shut down by the EPA after the Clean Air Act. Might be hard to get tunes very soon if not already.
Sounds like Kory is working with the feds and is still selling tunes. Just not the mini maxx. EFI Live or EZLynk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts