Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

11641 - 11660 of 12879 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
Kow, does your new truck have the factory Curt hitch? If so when you install the ball see if it rocks around, I mean back and forth. I had a B&W before and the ball was tight, installed the ball for the new factory hitch in my truck and noticed it had some slop in it!!! (This doesn't make me happy) I am thinking replacing it with a B&W. Are you still looking a the Kelderman rear parts?

FWIW, mine did that too, and that was why I removed it and put a B&W in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,644
Got my Cooper ST MAXX tires on today. Thanks for the recommendation, I really like the looks of the tires, they should get a test this weekend.

Mike

Awesome I’m sure you will like them!
My dad and my buddy both put them in their 2500’s and are very happy. We measured his today and at 6,000 miles he’s still at almost 18/32 of the original 18.5/32

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,645
Does the "wiggle" bother you pulling the loads that you are going to haul?

Wiggle doesn’t bother me but the way the ball locks in is somewhat questionable. I imagine there’s nothing to worry about with it though

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,647
First CEL at 620 miles. Came on while i was slowing down and turning into customer. P0733 3rd gear ratio incorrect. After I got loaded and started truck back up code was gone.
I’m gonna assume that was just a mis-shift when the trans is still learning.
So far truck pulls great. In comparison to my lmm it definitely shows the difference between torque and HP. While the lmm would likely keep up with the l5p just fine, the l5p just pulls so effortlessly. Can’t wait to see how she pulls in the hills!

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,648
Lmm might be getting sold today. Found a buyer who wants to rebuilt it and put it back to work. Will be sad watching that truck leave...

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
First CEL at 620 miles. Came on while i was slowing down and turning into customer. P0733 3rd gear ratio incorrect. After I got loaded and started truck back up code was gone.
I’m gonna assume that was just a mis-shift when the trans is still learning.
So far truck pulls great. In comparison to my lmm it definitely shows the difference between torque and HP. While the lmm would likely keep up with the l5p just fine, the l5p just pulls so effortlessly. Can’t wait to see how she pulls in the hills!

Man, that rig looks good!

Yeah, the L5P is setup so well to handle the power and torque. IATs are way lower than my LML was, and ECT runs cooler as well.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,650
Man, that rig looks good!

Yeah, the L5P is setup so well to handle the power and torque. IATs are way lower than my LML was, and ECT runs cooler as well.

I like how much the engine braking is improved. Downshifts right when i would want it and the turbo brake is very strong for 3.73 gears.

What’s yours run for trans temp? Mine got up to 160 which seemed high for a 30° ambient. It dropped down after a while though so maybe it was just just start and stop heating it up

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
I like how much the engine braking is improved. Downshifts right when i would want it and the turbo brake is very strong for 3.73 gears.

What’s yours run for trans temp? Mine got up to 160 which seemed high for a 30° ambient. It dropped down after a while though so maybe it was just just start and stop heating it up

That’s sound about right temp-wise. If I’m pulling hard it’ll run around that temp in the winter, 150-170. Summer is 190-200 normally. Just running the truck around it stays really cool.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,652
That’s sound about right temp-wise. If I’m pulling hard it’ll run around that temp in the winter, 150-170. Summer is 190-200 normally. Just running the truck around it stays really cool.

Figured it was fine. My lmm won’t run more than 140 at 30° ambient no matter how I push it.

·
Registered
17,568 Posts
Sold the lmm today. Guy came and put money down. He picks it up next weekend

Right thats good news.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,655
Got 4500 out of it. So I’m pretty happy with that. Still sad to let her go. Dude is gonna rebuild the whole driveline and put it back to work

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sold the lmm today. Guy came and put money down. He picks it up next weekend

What year is it? For some reason I thought it was an LML.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,274 Posts
So, what's up with the FL?
Gonna give the psyche a break and catch up on some work? :fish

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,659
So, what's up with the FL?

Gonna give the psyche a break and catch up on some work? :fish

Probably not gonna touch it for a good while. Shop isn’t insulated or heated yet, so motivation to work on that curse is extra low this time of year...

·
Registered
177 Posts
It’s got an lml Denali grill

That must be it.
Congrats on the new rig. Gotta get a bigger fuel tank now....
Looks so weird...... You know, with a bed on it. Haha.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

11641 - 11660 of 12879 Posts