Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

11661 - 11680 of 12884 Posts

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,661
That must be it.
Congrats on the new rig. Gotta get a bigger fuel tank now....
Looks so weird...... You know, with a bed on it. Haha.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks, aux tank will definitely be going in soon.
Haha I know what you mean. Looks so odd to me after having a c&c for so long. Eventually I’d like to put a hauler bed on it.

I like these a lot but the price tag is a bit out of budget right now... Lol

http://westernwelding.net/longbeds.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,869 Posts
Apparently they only fit Fords??? (well there was one Ram in there)

love the location ...." one block east of THE stop light"

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks, aux tank will definitely be going in soon.
Haha I know what you mean. Looks so odd to me after having a c&c for so long. Eventually I’d like to put a hauler bed on it.

I like these a lot but the price tag is a bit out of budget right now... Lol

Long Beds

For a CM truck bed, contact Luke at Thomas Bus and Trailer Sales in Des Moines, Iowa. 800-362-2092. He will take good care of you and the price will be right. He will also have the best price on Big Tex Trailers.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,666
I like the cm beds and they’re a decent chunk cheaper than western welding. But the built in aux tank, storage options and factory paint match western offers are really nice. Plus I like the overall look of them better. Doubt I’ll ever pay the 10k price tag for one though, or at least not anytime soon...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Keep your eyes open and you might find a used one. I've seen them once in a while. You would probably want one from an RVer, less chance of being beat up, not from a commercial hauler. Sandblast and paint could have it looking new

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Does the factory brake controller work with electric over hydralic brakes yet? Or you using a converter?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Dang. A lot has happened in the 3-4 weeks since last time I was on here.

Good luck with new truck Kow!

I have got to get new tires this week. Staying with LT265/75R-16. Firestones are shot after 23k miles. Only 24k out of BFG TA's before that.

Probably going with a Cooper. Trying to decide between Discoverer AT3 LT, AT3 XLT, ATP or S/T MAXX. My son has the AT3's on his 1500 and I like the look of them. The LT has a 55k mile warranty.

The Toyo Open Country ATII has a good following but seems short lived on heavy diesel trucks on many of the reviews that I found. Couple of local shops said the same.

I really want the S/T MAXX. I am very concerned about life of the S/T maxx and noise level as they wear. My tire guy said I would be rough on any tire with larger, un-reinforced blocks on the outer edge. I guess all the starting/stopping and turning in surburbia with 7000# to 10K behind me is not easy on AT tires. The other AT tires have a little more aggressive tread than the AT3 LT. The AT3 will probably do what I need, but I would like a little more off-road traction than what I have had with the Firestone. A more aggressive look is also desired.

I fear the weight of the S/T MAXX would hurt my power and mileage much worse than what I have now.
Destination AT is 31.65" tall and 45 lbs. (Current tire)
Discover AT3 LT is 31.61 tall and 49 lbs.
Discoverer S/T MAXX is 32" tall and 55 lbs.

I'm just trying to find a good tire that will last for someone working their truck. Sorry to hijack.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Only 23k miles on a set of tires!? Damn dude, You should probably look into something with a harder compound like the duravis r900 or whatever it is Hook’em runs.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Yeah, those.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yah I woke up in time to see it 1/4 to half leaving.Pitcures sucked.It was cool looking!
Seen a Duramax dumping coal down from motor pulling a big 12x20 foot fiberglass tank today.Bet he was pissed.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,286 Posts
Only 23k miles on a set of tires!? Damn dude, You should probably look into something with a harder compound like the duravis r900 or whatever it is Hook’em runs.
Not sure where I'm at on this set, mileage wise. About time for a rotate/balance, I'll find out then.
DT folks give me 'the eye' on these, whupping out their trusty pocket stick to check depth.
"you bought these from us?" :teehee

Visual on the tread doesn't match the mileage they see on most SUV tires they sell, I guess.
I haven't really had much issue off pavement. Well, I got stuck the other day trying to pull an empty tag trailer out....after 10" of rain. Had to get the neighbors tractor after the top sod just gave away and sunk.

But that's with no weight in the back of a DRW, and an empty 3k lb anchor on the hitch. In contrast, pulled the same trailer with 8k lbs on it, plus another 2500 lb pallet in the truck, up a 1/2 mile steep off road climb to a job site.
Slipped a bit on the last hairpin curve, but that was it....just walked on up.

Heck of a sight up top, one of those that gives a little dizzy effect when ya step out and look down.
Checked elevation, 1235ft.
Started at 900 something.

Long life, and those 35-40k SUV tires can't match the price point. They don't look fancy or aggressive, but I can't see any of that from the saddle anyway.
:wink2:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hook'em_Horns, how's the noise level on those tires?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Factory controller starting working with EOH in 2015.

What about it didn't work before 2015? The resistance check it does on the coils?
Just curious.....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

11661 - 11680 of 12884 Posts