Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

11681 - 11700 of 12892 Posts

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,335 Posts
Hook'em_Horns, how's the noise level on those tires?
Quiet.....all the way down the tread wear life.
Stark contrast to the Mich AT2s, that got louder the thinner they were.

Stronger sidewalls too, doesn't roll with a load on in a flyover curve.

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
What about it didn't work before 2015? The resistance check it does on the coils?
Just curious.....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, it didn’t see any resistance, and because of it didn’t turn on the ITBC. Most guys wired in some kind of module in-line, I just wired in a halogen brake light in the brake signal circuit. Worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes, it didn’t see any resistance, and because of it didn’t turn on the ITBC. Most guys wired in some kind of module in-line, I just wired in a halogen brake light in the brake signal circuit. Worked like a charm.

Makes sense.
Kinda like an LED flasher (it's really just a timer).

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,686
Just read this entire thread (mostly) in a few days and was it interesting! I'm surprised your LMM lasted as long as it did with how hard you were pushing it

It was a great truck to me. Never thought I’d get 410k out of the motor with how hot I’ve gotten it.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,687
What about it didn't work before 2015? The resistance check it does on the coils?
Just curious.....

Yup they just wouldn’t see resistance so it wouldn’t know there was a trailer hooked. I had a module on my trailer with my lmm to mimic electric brakes. I ran that for a while and it worked beautifully until i discovered a major problem, if you have an abs stop the truck would send and on/off/on/off signal to the trailer.
Which works fine with electric brakes. But hydraulic brakes don’t respond fast enough for that(~1 second delay). So they basically do nothing if truck goes into abs.
I tested the new truck this morning. Instead of 0/10/0/10 it does more like a 4/6/4/6 which keeps the hydraulic pump primed up but still kinda abs’s the trailer brakes.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I like the Bridgestone revo’s on my 2500 Yukon xl. They went to revo 3’s. I used to get the 2’s because they were good in sand. So far the 3’s are quieter and seem to be just as good on sand. I live on what was beachfront property 100,000 years ago.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Only 23k miles on a set of tires!? Damn dude, You should probably look into something with a harder compound like the duravis r900 or whatever it is Hook’em runs.
Yup. 2 sets wore out in 24k or less in 4 years. Rotated at 6-7 k miles also.

I know part of it is being aired up to haul gooseneck with tractor on it. Scales show 6600 lbs on rear axle with 1400 lb ztr on trailer with tractor. I usually run about 75 psi in rear loaded. Many times, the gn is unhooked for a few days so it is wearing the middles out in this stop and go suburbia traffic. Can't be adding and removing air every other day. Also remember, my weak truck won't spin on a wet road if you floor it from the start. It won't do a burn out on decent pavement unless you work the brake and turbo juuust right. So it is not over powering the tires. I must run enough air loaded to keep them from overheating and breaking the tire down internally and making it go boom, screech, ahhhhh, crash. The tires need to be able to haul dump trailer to the dump and not get stuck and haul tractor across some of the fields and places that I go. Not as bad as Kow's yard though.

Any NO votes on the Cooper AT3 as a compromise? 'dunno; Tire guy says I'll cup the corners out before tire wears out because of block design. Decisions, decisions... I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my a$$.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
I been pretty suprised on how well the R500 does as for traction. Multiple times in Camper pullout yard that looks like a mud bog, truck pulling campers hasnt been stuck yet.
I do carry tire chains, never used.

And I played around with pressure on the r500, at 90 psi whether loaded or not the tire does not round.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,692
So far doing good. Easy load but still impressed to get 10mpg out of a brand new motor. Deadhead 225 miles to the next load and got just shy of 12mpg. Burns about 1/8 tank idling all night 10-11 hours.

Sputtered a little bit today getting on the interstate. It’s been bitter cold here in upstate New York so may have just had a little bit of fuel gel?

It does this weird surge every so often at idle. Not sure what that’s about. It shakes the truck enough to wake me up at night.
Matt said his does it too so I guess I’m not gonna worry about it. Curiosity has really got me on it though, want to know if its ecm doing some sort of self check or what.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,335 Posts
It's just snoring.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
I notice the fender markers too. Single wheel trucks have them in the front and rear fenders. Gonna be something to get used to!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Somebody photoshop a cpap on the front of Kows truck.

You may have to plump an electric leaf blower to the air intake at night so it will sleep better.

Oh crap, nevermind. I just made one for you.

Here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
lol

11681 - 11700 of 12892 Posts