Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

12081 - 12100 of 13011 Posts

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Got behind a rig haulin' pipe the other day....the draft in the rear was tossing me around bad. Had to punch it and get by, settle things back down a bit.
Weird how hollow pipe doesn't like the wind moving 'round it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Got behind a rig haulin' pipe the other day....the draft in the rear was tossing me around bad. Had to punch it and get by, settle things back down a bit.
pipe catches more air than a block does

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
These had some sort of fabric or plastic, covering the ends fore/aft...with a small triangle flat cut in each end.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,086
Picked these up today for $650, have about 70% tread left! 305/55R20's
Was entertaining watching the ride height leveling system pick the rear back up :rof

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m changing my garage code...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,087

Iv noticed the same. We gotta keep our distance when following each other

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,090
I’m really curious to see how his ford shakes out. Fuel mileage is comparable so far. He beat me a little bit on this run. We both plan to trade trucks before 100k, so what I really wanna see is who gets more for trade in..

·
Registered
812 Posts
People say Mt. Rushmore is pretty cool, I’m not “seeing” it....

Crazy horse is just south and you could put Mt. Rushmore in the horse's mane. you should stop and check out Crazy Horse if you have a chance, completely privately funded. My grandfather was more interested to see Crazy Horse in 82 or 83 before he passes vs Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse was only a rock with a hole in it. Since then they have carved the face and top of his arm. When finished it will be a 360 degree mountain carving. All privately funded and started (will be completed by his descendants) by a man looking to help fulfill the dreams of a Chief.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,092
Crazy horse is just south and you could put Mt. Rushmore in the horse's mane. you should stop and check out Crazy Horse if you have a chance, completely privately funded. My grandfather was more interested to see Crazy Horse in 82 or 83 before he passes vs Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse was only a rock with a hole in it. Since then they have carved the face and top of his arm. When finished it will be a 360 degree mountain carving. All privately funded and started (will be completed by his descendants) by a man looking to help fulfill the dreams of a Chief.

Some of the people at Rushmore said crazy horse was unviewable as well with the fog. I saw both about 14 years ago, really curious to see how far crazy horse has come since then.
Hopefully it’s clearer tomorrow morning before we head back east...

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I’m really curious to see how his ford shakes out. Fuel mileage is comparable so far. He beat me a little bit on this run. We both plan to trade trucks before 100k, so what I really wanna see is who gets more for trade in..

Budy trades them at 150k, less than a year old. All CrewCab 3500 SRW LTs. Last one he said they offered 34k trade in.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Wife and I stopped at Mt Rushmore on the way home from Wisconsin with my truck 5.5 years ago. It was pretty cool.

Reactions: kowclub173

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Likely won’t ever find me owning a ford. I will admit though, the cab space in those is pretty awesome...

The company I work for the owner has a 2018 super duty and the foreman has a 2019 f150. Those cabs have so much much more room than my 05 Chevy. Maybe the newer GM's are better than mine but these fords do have alot of room!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
The company I work for the owner has a 2018 super duty and the foreman has a 2019 f150. Those cabs have so much much more room than my 05 Chevy. Maybe the newer GM's are better than mine but these fords do have alot of room!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
12 and 15 didn't really feel any more spacious than the 2000 1500 I had. It's kinda pitiful.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Yea this 19 isn’t anything to write home on. Buddy has a 18 f250 and 5 grown adults comfortably. 4 and I wouldn’t say crazy comfy in the chevy

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Much better, now I get to store my stock rims in Graham's shop
2 inch in the front, 1 inch up in the rear.

12081 - 12100 of 13011 Posts