Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

12981 - 13000 of 13011 Posts

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,982
I'd drive the shit out of that truck. Looks so good man.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks man, I still can’t believe I was lucky enough to snag it after drooling over it for 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Thanks man, I still can’t believe I was lucky enough to snag it after drooling over it for 2 years.

6nz and 18spd?

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Mxs and 13 speed

Still a good combo. What's the output? Our dump trucks at work have 10.8l ISM cummins and 10 speeds most are 330/1250, mine is 370/1450. Can tell a huge difference with the 40/200 extra, but still a dog in the top couple gears. I've been as heavy as about 65k(only single axle trucks). It did it ok, but took forever to get to highway speeds on I75. Dont think I'd want much heavier than that without more power or 13 or 18 spd.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,987
Still a good combo. What's the output? Our dump trucks at work have 10.8l ISM cummins and 10 speeds most are 330/1250, mine is 370/1450. Can tell a huge difference with the 40/200 extra, but still a dog in the top couple gears. I've been as heavy as about 65k(only single axle trucks). It did it ok, but took forever to get to highway speeds on I75. Dont think I'd want much heavier than that without more power or 13 or 18 spd.

475. It does ok.
Iv been trying to get into a shop to have a stronger clutch (2050 easy pedal) put in. Then it’s going off for a dyno tune.

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
475. It does ok.
Iv been trying to get into a shop to have a stronger clutch (2050 easy pedal) put in. Then it’s going off for a dyno tune.

Nice. Acert twins? What's the end goal number?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
The company trucks I run are 10L Cummins with 10 speeds. At the end of some highway ramps at 80k the truck can only get up 35 mph.

At least they all are pre emmisions.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I wondered cause I spent some time in a 9 speed. Figured out there is like a second 5th gear in the first slot on the high range. Does the thirteen speed have a gear in that spot? Can you split it?

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
I wondered cause I spent some time in a 9 speed. Figured out there is like a second 5th gear in the first slot on the high range. Does the thirteen speed have a gear in that spot? Can you split it?
Yes and Yes.
Do NOT use that position though.
9 speed and 13 speed are essentially the same main box.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
9 speed Bobtail I could take off in high range using that gear.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
9 speed Bobtail I could take off in high range using that gear.
Yea.... Just because it fits, doesn't mean its supposed to be in there
Meanwhile I take off in low when I'm loaded/empty and 1st when I'm bobtail.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
475. It does ok.

Hopefully the tune really wakes that thirsty thing up.
The company trucks I run are 10L Cummins with 10 speeds. At the end of some highway ramps at 80k the truck can only get up 35 mph.

At least they all are pre emmisions.
Wow I wouldn't of figured they were running 10L for otr/regional work. What kind of miles are they actually getting out of them between rebuilding? Just going down the road getting the snot beaten out of them.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I don't know the actual miles for the engines, Trucks were bought as gliders. Motors are older. They are turned down on power. Most of the trucks I have driven show odometers of 1 million. I driven 2 over 1.3 million miles. The region run is extremely flat. MI, IN, IL, OH.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,999
Have got to test the new headlights yet
So far pretty happy with them. Good output, clean cut off. Just enough “scatter” to light up signs and eyes.
Haven’t been flashed yet.

12981 - 13000 of 13011 Posts