Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

13001 - 13020 of 13036 Posts

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
IMO driving the pickup after in the semi is like WTF was I thinking I should of stepped up to the big rig way sooner.

Reactions: TDavis1992

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,002
IMO driving the pickup after in the semi is like WTF was I thinking I should of stepped up to the big rig way sooner.
First time I drove my dually after a few weeks in the semi, I couldn’t get over how low the ceiling was.
Felt like the cab had been crushed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
Absolute worst thing you can do is go from a manual transmission semi to an automatic... the first couple hours are brutal AF.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Yep, got placed in auto last week after the assigned truck's windshield cracked.

Backing is such a PITA. Truck stops if not enough gas pedal but too much pedal and SLAM!!
Stalled it the other night trying to slide the tandems of a loaded trailer 🙄

Looks like the company been putting newer auto trans in their oldest trucks. This one read 1640000 on the odometer.

Reactions: shotgunwillie69

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,005
Always something. Just put new batteries in a week or two ago.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,006
Alternator was pulling some serious current for some reason.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,007 (Edited)
Can’t find any source of the issue.
Battery leads all test fine, alternator cable is pristine. Guess we will see if it happens again.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
They must of heated it up at factory so they could get it screwed down tight 😂

Personally hate that new style of wiring that spider web on top the battery. Wire heated up looks pulled back...banjo stringged? Did you crack that connection changing batteries?

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,011
They must of heated it up at factory so they could get it screwed down tight

Personally hate that new style of wiring that spider web on top the battery. Wire heated up looks pulled back...banjo stringged? Did you crack that connection changing batteries?
Not sure if that wire was taken off. I didn’t change the batteries myself.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
🤔 company has one new peterbuilt....

But is at a loss of 8 cents a mile is it worth it to be the first one to put a dent in that?🤓

It's probably the Cascadias he is talking about. 🙄

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,013
company has one new peterbuilt....
View attachment 1078321
But is at a loss of 8 cents a mile is it worth it to be the first one to put a dent in that?

It's probably the Cascadias he is talking about.
8 cpm is a steep pay decrease, how often are you home currently?

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
I'm home 2 days a week, out for 5 days tops. I really enjoying this company driver gig. Shit breaks and I don't need to pay for it.🤓

That was my first thought at the sight of that peterbuilt. "Who's gonna be the first to put a dent in that".

Reactions: kowclub173

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, if you read it literally, it says "Loss of .08 cents per mile" meaning you'd lose 8 cents every 100 miles. It does NOT say loss of $0.08 per mile (8 cents). Wonder if you could take that in to him, hold him to it and take the job. Would you even notice 8cents/100 miles (Honest question...not sure what kind of mileage you accumulate).

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
I'm not going to be driving a day cab unless they offered an hourly pay. Way too much "f"in around doing local work.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I would never drive local any way but hourly. Or even regional. And we get overtime after 8. So even if you take a day off or there is a holiday you get overtime. When it's slow I volunteer for an extra off every week so the lower guys can work. I get 32 regular and 15 to 20 overtime. I like that. Taking a day off doesn't cancel out 8 hours of OT. That would make me think twice about the extra off.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I just don't get the raw fish thing.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JimmyD

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,122 Posts
Love sushi but there are only 2 places in Houston that are good. Most others I’ve been to around the country are pretty iffy. New York had one and San Antonio has a good one believe it or not. Most try to disguise bad fish under a lot of sauce in rolls. If you can eat sashimi and it tastes fresh then they probably have good rolls too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Haven't been on here in forever, used to be following this thread page by page... just clicked in where I last left off ant it was page #150 :ROFLMAO:

So what's the readers digest of what's been going on? Looks like everyone's graduated out of one tons and into full size trucks?

Did you guys just run your original Duramax trucks into the ground from the use and abuse? Another forum was just talking about getting the GMT800 platform to reliably tow 22k-26k and the power isn't the problem, it's everything else... and it made me think of this thread.

Hope everyone's doin good and safe. The big truck looks awesome Kow

13001 - 13020 of 13036 Posts