Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

13021 - 13036 of 13036 Posts

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
I rolled the bobtail over a scale this morning. About 9500 on the steers, 8500 rears with about half fuel.

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
I rolled the bobtail over a scale this morning. About 9500 on the steers, 8500 rears with about half fuel.
It's a baby truck lol.
I'm 10,800 on the steers, 9800 on the rears full of fuel. Gets kinda sketchy when I know the barrels ae getting low and I scale 19,300~ 🤣

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Let's see if Tyler knows where this is at...

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,024
Haven't been on here in forever, used to be following this thread page by page... just clicked in where I last left off ant it was page #150 :ROFLMAO:

So what's the readers digest of what's been going on? Looks like everyone's graduated out of one tons and into full size trucks?

Did you guys just run your original Duramax trucks into the ground from the use and abuse? Another forum was just talking about getting the GMT800 platform to reliably tow 22k-26k and the power isn't the problem, it's everything else... and it made me think of this thread.

Hope everyone's doin good and safe. The big truck looks awesome Kow
Hey long time no see!
I moved up to the big truck at the beginning of the year. More or less just better opportunity available. Not sure how far behind you are but the lmm snapped a crank around December 2018. Bought a 19 and ran that for a year.

Chevor moved up to a big truck around the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,026
Well at least it wasn’t me this time

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
🤔Jumping the camper

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,030
Finally got those ugly hood mirrors off.
Unfortunately the mounts pulled up on the fiberglass. I put them on upside down to pull it back down. Hopefully it will either flatten out or invert the mounds so it can be fiberglassed smooth when the fenders get repainted.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
IDK there is a lot of cars that like to sneak up on the passenger side...
Favorite mirror for watching the trailer wheels wrap around curbs.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
IDK there is a lot of cars that like to sneak up on the passenger side...
Favorite mirror for watching the trailer wheels wrap around curbs.
The factory ones on newer trucks are much better than the add on ones like he had. Those blind you when the sun hits them.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Reactions: kowclub173

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,033
From my seating position i couldn’t even see them. Tried to use them a few times but it always seemed I could see more from my regular mirrors.
Oem hood mirrors are a whole different story though. I remember how great those were when I worked for Penske.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts

I have their hitch. Makes loading the tilt deck easy. Puts the tractor or car in the right place.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TDavis1992

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
I have their hitch. Makes loading the tilt deck easy. Puts the tractor or car in the right place.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Same, I have it for the Yukon. Pretty handy hitch even if it didn't have the gauge.

13021 - 13036 of 13036 Posts