Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

13101 - 13120 of 13177 Posts

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,102
Makes me want to build an old truck. Luckily I have to many other projects to distract me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,103
Put down a deposit and ordered a 2021 today. Been looking for a 2020 for awhile but couldn’t find what I want at a dealer that was willing to deal. Local dealer offered me 5k off sticker plus current gm incentives at delivery time. Seemed good enough to me

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
You still use the pickup that much, now that you have a semi?

I could be buying my dad's 2017 cause he has a new one ordered but I only drive my vehicle like 50 miles a week now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice your ordering a 2021..I was playing around on GM friends and family website. Where you can already build and price 2021. Really liking the custom Z71 sport package. Where you get body color bumpers now. Just like my 17 has.
Your dealer tell you how long it will take to get to the dealership? I was told, if I try to order now. Probably end of the year or January to get it at the dealership.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,106
You still use the pickup that much, now that you have a semi?

I could be buying my dad's 2017 cause he has a new one ordered but I only drive my vehicle like 50 miles a week now.
Don’t use it much. Only put 2500 miles on it since I got the semi. More or less just want it.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,107
Nice your ordering a 2021..I was playing around on GM friends and family website. Where you can already build and price 2021. Really liking the custom Z71 sport package. Where you get body color bumpers now. Just like my 17 has.
Your dealer tell you how long it will take to get to the dealership? I was told, if I try to order now. Probably end of the year or January to get it at the dealership.
Z71’s look good. I really like the at4 and Denali black diamond but wanted a dually so those two were out.
Dealer said they have no idea but likely 3 months before it shows up.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
I think it needs some markers on the outside of the bumper.

😱Hoods up already on Tyler's new ride.

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
I think it needs some markers on the outside of the bumper.

Hoods up already on Tyler's new ride.
Of all things.... it needed new fender lights lmao
In the last few days its gotten a good bit of nickel and dime types of things. Should be good to head out this evening after I get the fridge hooked up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
You name him after your favorite singer Bruno Mars?

Reactions: kowclub173

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
Your not rebuilding the freightliner?...I been searching truck paper. They are asking quite a bit for them old trucks.
Just saw this... In due time. After I pull the trans this fall I might strip it down to the bare block in the truck to get eyes on where the crank snapped to see if the block is still usable. I already know it needs a head, so that's no good... The pac brake jakes sure as hell won't be going back in... All the rocker shafts show some sign of wear, so those are useless... the injectors are nothing more than cores... I'll have to source a 13 speed... This list is getting expensive
10 speeds work just fine with modern engines.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Maybe in some applications... Ours not so much. Its hilariously unrealistic to drive 55 mph with this set up
Plus the 10 speeds are only rated for 1650 input torque... Thing moves like a damn slug.

·
Premium Member
9,025 Posts
Put down a deposit and ordered a 2021 today. Been looking for a 2020 for awhile but couldn’t find what I want at a dealer that was willing to deal. Local dealer offered me 5k off sticker plus current gm incentives at delivery time. Seemed good enough to me

That’s awesome! Still haven’t talked with anybody that does heavy hauling with the 10 speed day in and day out. Curious to see what you think of it.

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
That’s awesome! Still haven’t talked with anybody that does heavy hauling with the 10 speed day in and day out. Curious to see what you think of it.

I can already answer that question...
Garbage.
There is a few among us running them. Hell the one guy gas 2.64 rears with a direct drive 10 speed. The only way you think it's alright is if you just don't care.
Here's my opinion on transmission choices.
Local (Less than 25% interstate) 8LL, 15, or 18 speed.
Regional (25-75% interstate) 9, 10, 13, 18 speeds or whatever automatics there are.
OTR (75%+ interstate) 10 (80k or less), 13, 18 and autos.
Field work 15 speed if you know how to shift good. Otherwise 13 and 18.
Over 80k regional 13 speed at a minimum, but the 18 makes it anot easier on the truck.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
🤣I think he was talking in the new pickup

Reactions: nashguy207

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
🤣I think he was talking in the new pickup
Pshhhh ain't nothing they doing in a pick up "heavy hauling".
Graham ain't even gonna drive it anyways

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
The company I drive for uses ten speeds. I'm in one with a 12.8 mercedes this week. Its different than the cummins that for sure. I'm assigned to one with the cummins but it's back in the shop, I wonder what I'll find on it next week🤣. But anyway the mercedes isn't setup with a rev limiter like the cummins and the engine brake automatic engages if it gets up to 68 mph. But I figured out if I touch the freeplay in the clutch I can roll the hills and it won't engage the engine brake.

The cummins has no engine brake. So on the 65 mph truck I rolled some hills up to 75 mph. Nice with the rev limiter is I know what at what speed I can push the throttle to the floor and downshift.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts

All the heavy haul fleets out here in the west use 10 speeds.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

13101 - 13120 of 13177 Posts