Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

13461 - 13480 of 13522 Posts

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Well my 15 Denali dually just turned 300,000 still doing good too. Sorry been busy don’t just sit around like my buddy kowclub....lol
There has been a new turbo added as most problems remember a while back only other issue has been the air to air and I had to put a torque converter in. Still has same everything else injectors pump and all the other stuff. I don’t remember if I had posted updated pics of truck with the new bed for sleeping and tanks. I can post if anyone wants to see it. Kowclub has been keeping me busy for sure. I can’t forget to mention the work from the famous Tdavis did too. Very nice!
I wanna see what bed work you have done

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,462
kow, TD, whoever........

Do any of you guys have any experience with an 8.3 Cummins? Buddy of mine is looking to buy a Class A motorhome with the Cummins and looking for recommendations for what to be aware of and/or avoid with this engine. TIA.
There’s a quite a few different 8.3’s
12v, 24v, common rail, etc.
From what iv heard they’re all pretty good motors.
I wasn’t very lucky with my 12v 8.3 though. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JimmyD

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,463
Must be a limited build time on duallys. Its even worse with cab and chassis models. When I bought the 13 off the lot Sept 2013 was told GM wasnt taking more orders on the 14 C&C.
Could be. I’m thinking my little local dealer is getting bypassed. Seems a lot of people are getting very similar trucks way faster.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,464
Fired the clean burn for the first time today. Gonna be nice having some legitimate heat in here!

Next steps will be steel trusses and a bigger door to be able to get the kenworth in here.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
🤔...How? The back of the trailer is up against another wall.

Reactions: nashguy207

·
Registered
699 Posts
Pretty impressive, wonder how long it took to get it in there.
Used to kink up bellydumps turning around in the highway, but they were only about 36-38 ft. I think.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
He really had to work to get in that position.

·
Registered
942 Posts
That's some Austin Powers stuff going on there.

My guess is head up rear, foot on the right pedal, and when the trailer hit the wall (clipped the corner) it spun the trailer till it jackknifed it and then walked the truck up against the wall.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,471

Buddy brought over his crossman yesterday. Didn’t get any pictures but i plasma cut some 3/8 brackets to reinforce suspension mounts.

Shame they closed up a while back, these were some badass goosenecks

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Those some wide spots. At a new Loves?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Big rigs have to social distance now. Is that a new EO?o_O

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Those some wide spots. At a new Loves?
Fargo Loves, there's a light pole next to my spot, so they might have been able to fit 3, but just went with 2.
Big rigs have to social distance now. Is that a new EO?o_O
Don't give them any ideas 🤣

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Fargo Loves, there's a light pole next to my spot, so they might have been able to fit 3, but just went with 2.Don't give them any ideas

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Oh it's coming Bite Me will see to it. Need an empty space between trucks. So what if there's not enough parking for the down time they require. It's the science come on man.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Reactions: kowclub173

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,477
Off for the rest of the month, apu installed on the kenworth today, then it’s going to kenworth Tuesday to have the clutch that they put in in October redone. I think it broke a spring, should be warranty work. Then off to Knoxville next weekend to visit a buddy.

In the mean time I’m getting my old hotshot trailer cleaned up to trade off. I ordered a diamond c 53’ step deck for @duallyguy back in October and it sounds like it will finally be ready next week.

Spent about 5 hours today blasting off as much of the powder coat as I could. Gonna put a thick layer of rustoleum on it with new dot stickers, fix up brakes, rewire air compressor, and repair all the side marker lights.

Hopefully all the work is worthwhile and get a decent amount for it.

Sure do have a lot of memories dragging this thing all over the country!

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,478
New apu installed. This one is pretty cool as it basically just a 6k gen set with electric heat and air conditioning.
I opted for the shore power kit, so i can plug it in and keep the cab warm when I’m home.

Now I have to rework some stuff inside the sleeper as the hvac box takes up a lot of space.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Looking good Graham.

The APU is a damn site better than hanging the big pipes and such into the window at the truck stop.

I am sure that you will not regret this purchase. (y)

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,480
Looking good Graham.

The APU is a damn site better than hanging the big pipes and such into the window at the truck stop.

I am sure that you will not regret this purchase. (y)
I haven’t see a truck stop with those in a long time. Seemed like a good idea but must not have worked to well if it didn’t become wide spread.

I’m thinking I will really like the apu. Mainly just being able to set a temp and sleep comfortable will be great. I could never seem to get the heat or ac set right in this truck to not wake up multiple times to adjust.

Figuring at 250 days a year, 10 hours a day it should pay for itself in about 18 months.

Reactions: JimmyD
13461 - 13480 of 13522 Posts