Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

13501 - 13520 of 13522 Posts

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Pulled another triaxle 9 foot spread loaded, but this time I used put down the front drop axle so I wouldnt blow another air bag on the tractor. It takes about of power to turn these trailers with all three axles down🤣. Wish the rear most axle which is just in front the icc bumper was the tag. Should of scaled it first with the drop axle up but I knew it was over on the drives.
11800 steer
30700 drives
13600 Trailer axle front
12500 middle
13000 rear

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,503
Why are you guys hauling with a triaxle trailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,504
New dually is supposed to finally be built today!
Hopefully transport doesn’t take long as I’ll be headed to Florida in about 10 days and won’t be back for at least a month..

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Mainly I pull trailers owned by the trucking company but we on occasion pull store trailers.

The trailers are some of those owned by the store chain. They do not own many. My sister used to work in the distribution center, says it was once an idea of someone in upper management that has up and left the company.

Here is what some, not all of what the newest ones do automatically when there isn't enough weight in the trailer. These are just tandems but front axles raise on their own.

It's a PITA making multiple deliveries backing into a dock and the wheels come of the ground. Even cornering. They turn so much faster.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,506
Mainly I pull trailers owned by the trucking company but we on occasion pull store trailers.

The trailers are some of those owned by the store chain. They do not own many. My sister used to work in the distribution center, says it was once an idea of someone in upper management that has up and left the company.

Here is what some, not all of what the newest ones do automatically when there isn't enough weight in the trailer. These are just tandems but front axles raise on their own.
View attachment 1086364
It's a PITA making multiple deliveries backing into a dock and the wheels come of the ground. Even cornering. They turn so much faster.
Iv wondered how annoying it would be having the pivot point randomly change as the axle decides to lift.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
With the 9 foot spread according to the Michigan bridge law your allowed an extra 1000 pounds per axle. So in theory the trailer can handle more weight but the axles cant be slid. Like the situation last night, the weight of that third axle is what put me over 80k. Only reason tag had to be lowered is because it was hanging there and wheels cant be slid.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,510
Layed down two coats of metallic black raptor liner on the fenders today. Hopefully I’m happy with the decision once the sun comes back up.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,511
New 53’ Diamond C step deck I ordered back in October just came in last week. Kinda funny how both things I ordered 6 months ago both got built within 10 days of each other...
Hopefully my dually ships fast as I’m headed to Florida for bean harvest in about a week and will be gone for atleast a month.

@duallyguy ran down the Texas and got the trailer today.

Reactions: chevor

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,512
Trailer picture won’t post...

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Do you get the damn failed upload message in Tapatalk too? Report it to them, I did. Maybe if multiple people start reporting it they’ll fix it.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,514
Do you get the damn failed upload message in Tapatalk too? Report it to them, I did. Maybe if multiple people start reporting it they’ll fix it.
Yup. I’ll report it next time. Thought maybe it was on my end

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,516
Fenders came out decent. Iv got a little tiger striping. Hopefully that will go away as they cure, otherwise might have to do another coat.

Added air cleaner lights, 3 on front 1 on back. They also function as turn signals.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,517
Iv got a drop visor and new grill sitting in the shop. Grill surround, visor and window chops were supposed to get color matched but iv just ran out of time for all of that.

Visor might get polished and put on for the time being.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,518 (Edited)
We trailer just barely squeezes in the shop. Brakes stopped working already, gotta get under and see what happened. Gotta be Somethin simple...

Anybody else see the problem? Only real gripe is have so far

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm going to guess the lack of being able to use that chain post on the rub rail..

As for brakes, there has been a few post lately in the camper forums with various issues. One was lack of insulation removal on the wiring, another was wiring issues inside the drums from the parts moving and cutting the wires in half of ripping them out of the magnets. This is on drum brakes not disk.

Looking at it again today, its hard to tell, but is the web binder on the rub rail or the main frame?

Then as nashguy207 pointed out, the pin strip is on the rub rail, is that were the reflective tape should be for visibility?

13501 - 13520 of 13522 Posts