Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

13601 - 13620 of 13659 Posts

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Dealer told me they would give 7k for mine😃

Reactions: kowclub173

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I’m thinking this truck is gonna be around a long time. I honestly hate the the whole dealer processes with trade in and all the haggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And it's worse now due to lack of inventory. Although trade values are up.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
737 Posts
And it's worse now due to lack of inventory. Although trade values are up.

They should be when you look at used prices that are the same or more than new. Saw a 19 SRW ccsb for 72K the other day.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I know. My 1500 is 8 months old and the dealer I bought it from keeps emailing me to see if I want to sell it to them. Who is paying these prices for used. When I bought it the short supply was just beginning. Since I didn't trade anything I had to haggle with them for hours to get a decent discount. I was getting no offer better the $500 off. Then I remembered UPS is a supplier. I went to the employee site and guess what. They had to sell it to me at supplier employee price. Since someone else was waiting to see if I backed out they were not happy. Infact they tried to say they didn't have to sell it to me. Until I said do you know GMs customer service number or should I look it up?

·
Registered
19,040 Posts

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
I called a dealer in Puyallup last week about a used 2020...$88k. I told them they were crazy and hung up, then they kept calling and texting. Finally I answered and not so politely told them to take me off their list.

And they only got my number for caller ID. I never gave them any info. That’s just rotten. It was a Subaru dealer tho... LOL

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I called a dealer in Puyallup last week about a used 2020...$88k. I told them they were crazy and hung up, then they kept calling and texting. Finally I answered and not so politely told them to take me off their list.

And they only got my number for caller ID. I never gave them any info. That’s just rotten. It was a Subaru dealer tho... LOL
Kinda explains it right.

Reactions: rparlee

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Last Thursday my dealer offered me 44k for my truck that I paid 40 for a little over three years ago. They gave me a really good trade in on my half ton when I bought it and I don’t owe much on it at all. I could have had a very big wad of cash in my pocket but I’d be out 2-3 times more trying to replace it so as tempted as I am I’ll just keep what I have. My salesman buddy said he’s never seen it this crazy. He told me about one of the local oil company owners brought his 2019 High Country dually in, sold it to them and ordered a new one. They don’t even know when the new one will be there. The guy originally paid 62, they gave him 66 to buy it back. They put it on Facebook the same day they got it and sold it before the end of the day for 72. He said the guy didn’t even try to haggle just called and asked if they still had it and said he would be there in 30 minutes to buy it. Crazy shit for sure. If you have anything you want to get rid of now is definitely the time to do it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Last Thursday my dealer offered me 44k for my truck that I paid 40 for a little over three years ago. They gave me a really good trade in on my half ton when I bought it and I don’t owe much on it at all. I could have had a very big wad of cash in my pocket but I’d be out 2-3 times more trying to replace it so as tempted as I am I’ll just keep what I have. My salesman buddy said he’s never seen it this crazy. He told me about one of the local oil company owners brought his 2019 High Country dually in, sold it to them and ordered a new one. They don’t even know when the new one will be there. The guy originally paid 62, they gave him 66 to buy it back. They put it on Facebook the same day they got it and sold it before the end of the day for 72. He said the guy didn’t even try to haggle just called and asked if they still had it and said he would be there in 30 minutes to buy it. Crazy shit for sure. If you have anything you want to get rid of now is definitely the time to do it.
Pretty much. anything recreational is like this. RVs, SxS's, you name it. Its cool to think you could MAKE money on your truck by selling it but... you own one for a reason, whatever that may be, so you'd likely be in the market for another one. The same market that paid you well for YOUR pickup!

In case it aint obvious... this market is the fix up what you got- kinda market.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
My dealer normally keeps 40-50 new trucks on the lot. They had 2 half tons and an already sold 2500 High Country. Our local Yamaha/Kawasaki/Polaris dealer is the same way, they don’t have a single sxs in stock everything is on a order it and wait a couple weeks basis. Crazy times we’re living in.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,612 ·
I know. My 1500 is 8 months old and the dealer I bought it from keeps emailing me to see if I want to sell it to them. Who is paying these prices for used. When I bought it the short supply was just beginning. Since I didn't trade anything I had to haggle with them for hours to get a decent discount. I was getting no offer better the $500 off. Then I remembered UPS is a supplier. I went to the employee site and guess what. They had to sell it to me at supplier employee price. Since someone else was waiting to see if I backed out they were not happy. Infact they tried to say they didn't have to sell it to me. Until I said do you know GMs customer service number or should I look it up?

Iv heard a lot of dealers aren’t taking supplier pricing anymore. It’s crazy

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,614 ·
The market right now would suck to buy a truck with out a trade in. I negotiated 5k off plus current incentives when I ordered mine. Ended up something like 7500 off sticker and they gave me about 3-4K more than I figured my truck was worth in a normal market.
At the end of the day I still left at about the number I had hoped for so I felt pretty damn lucky in this market.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I agree on the airbags. Mine is just a 2500 but squats pretty bad with even an empty 24ft cattle trailer. I don’t think moving the ball behind the axle was a great idea but I’m just a dumb *******.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I agree on the airbags. Mine is just a 2500 but squats pretty bad with even an empty 24ft cattle trailer. I don’t think moving the ball behind the axle was a great idea but I’m just a dumb ***.
Put this airbag kit on my p/u. $275. I dont have onboard air so i removed a screw mount on my license plate, drilled the hole slightly bigger and mounted it in place of the screw. If you do manual inflation, I recommend this route b/c its barely noticeable.

Pair this with a 7pin double cig outlet plug in and a 12v cig powered compressor and you can easily adjust them. Note: i dont change loads enough/tow for a living so its not a terrible inconvenience for me.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Iv heard a lot of dealers aren’t taking supplier pricing anymore. It’s crazy

This was before it got this bad. Maybe now they won't.

13601 - 13620 of 13659 Posts