Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
13661 - 13680 of 13692 Posts

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,662 ·
I hate the taillights on the GMCs. And of course off center stuff
Yeah I’m really not a fan of the taillights either.
The off center Denali badge isn’t supposed to be there though, it’s an slt and the dude just stuck the badge on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,663 ·
Dually has still been doing good. Only two little complaints, occasional lag in the pedal when you romp on it and the wireless CarPlay sucks. Got around 4500 miles on it so far.

Bean hauling has been super busy.
Lost a manifold gasket on the kenworth so the compounds fell off last weekend and got replaced with an 80mm single. So far pretty happy with that decision.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,669 ·
That’s bad MFers right there!

Thanks! I’m pretty excited for them, it took a while to find someone who could make exactly what I wanted

Reactions: APPPQs

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
What’s so bad about the GMC taillights?

I’ve noticed some pedal lag on my ‘20 as well. Definitely doesn’t put me back in the butt-dunno like the LBZ did. Could be because it’s heavier. No complaints on the comfort or towing though! Plenty of power to pull our camper.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,671 ·
What’s so bad about the GMC taillights?

I’ve noticed some pedal lag on my ‘20 as well. Definitely doesn’t put me back in the butt-dunno like the LBZ did. Could be because it’s heavier. No complaints on the comfort or towing though! Plenty of power to pull our camper.
It’s gotta be a quite I difference for ya going from an lbz to the new truck!

I think the 10 speed is just so smooth that it doesn’t feel as fast, my 19 felt faster but I feel like it hit 98 a lot quicker in the 21.

Towing with the 10 speed is amazing though. I can’t believe how easily it could get close to 30k up to speed!

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,905 Posts
Nice wheels. Can wait to see them on.

Tell me more about the move from compounds to single and the power gain/loss , power band etc.

Very curious

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,673 ·
Nice wheels. Can wait to see them on.

Tell me more about the move from compounds to single and the power gain/loss , power band etc.

Very curious

Generally most cat guys would call me dumb for taking the compounds off. The compounds do a have a pretty wide power band and generally keep the egts in check very well.

For me though, the pure simplicity of the single was a big attraction, cats like to break exhaust manifold studs and blow out manifold gaskets. On the twins it’s a lot of work to take everything off just to replace a $20 gasket and put it all back on.

With the single turbo and deleting the IVA’s (cats answer to egr) my cruising boost is about 1/3 of what it used to be. Peak boost is down from 40 to around 33, yet it makes substantially more power.
The single does have some lag, but overall the truck just seems way happier. I still cruise at similar rpm, but I do have to shift about 100-150 rpm higher to stay on top of the turbo.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,676 ·
Thanks man

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
Now a matching set for the KW😉

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,678 ·
Now a matching set for the KW
I can’t say the thought hasn’t crossed my mind
Not sure they would hold up to that kinda abuse tho

·
Registered
438 Posts
When is the appointment for the new truck at Keldermans?? You started this with me, if it was me I'd do it sooner than latter!!!

Reactions: nashguy207
13661 - 13680 of 13692 Posts