Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have been reading the Kryptonite HD tie rods are the best. I have Cognito HD tie rods now. I've had them for a year and a half. They are already shot. This time I want to get the best tie rods and be sure they will last. Any opinions on Kryptonite and Rare parts tie rods? Thanks

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
If you decide to go with Rare Parts check out our group buy.

I have customers who have been running Rare Parts before I picked up the line and they have had great luck.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Have almost 60k on my rare parts. No issues and crap tons of boost launches of them.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
I went through a pile of Cognitos last yr. this yr. I have beat raped and lauched these rare parts tie rods to death and they still have NO play in them. With 35k plus miles on them. I was only getting 3- 12k out of the Cognitos.

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
love my rare parts hd rods

·
Registered
984 Posts
anyone know where you can get the rod ends at?? Ive got stainless stock out the arse and a lathe!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Both are good products, I personaly like the kryptonite.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I also have the rare parts, and like them so far.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I went with Kryptonite.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Kryptonite gets my vote

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys! Does anyone run them with a leveling kit or lift? If so, how do they hold up?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks guys! Does anyone run them with a leveling kit or lift? If so, how do they hold up?
I have had the Rare Parts for over a year and 15,000+ miles. Mine is leveled. I would go with the Kryptonites if you think you'll ever upgrade the centerlink. The Rare Parts are not upgradeable to work with the Kryptonite centerlink.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
mines not leveled its leveling keys cranked all theyll go, w/ 35's so you dont get any higher than that stock.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
So whats going on with the Cognito tie rods? I just put on new tires last weekend and found one of mine is going bad. I see that they claim they have a new design what the heck is going on?

I am looking at going to Rare parts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the Cognito 3" Leveling kit with the Rare Parts tie rods installed last year. I also have an almost 800 pound 8' Fisher plow hanging on the front and the tie rods used to be a yearly problem when plowing was over. Not anymore, no problems, they work great.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mines not leveled its leveling keys cranked all theyll go, w/ 35's so you dont get any higher than that stock.
I have leveling keys too. It's leveled enough to hardly clear 285s. Hopefully thats not causing premature tie rod failure.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So whats going on with the Cognito tie rods? I just put on new tires last weekend and found one of mine is going bad. I see that they claim they have a new design what the heck is going on?

I am looking at going to Rare parts.
I don't know. It's pretty sad my stock tie rods lasted YEARS and 70k miles longer than my Cognitos.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Buddy has rare parts and bent two sets of tie rods with 3 months...but the warrenty parts well

1 - 20 of 29 Posts