Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard of everyone running the Cognito UCA's and say there great. Does anyone run the Kryptonite UCA'S from the dmax store? Wanted to know how they compare to Cogintos. My trucks riding like shit and heard Cognito ucas would help. Thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts
I like my kryptonite's. They're pretty much the same as the cognitos as far as I could see when I was deciding. In my opinion my truck rides like stock with 285 70 17 duratracs slightly cranked up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like the Kryptonite ball joint system better than the cognito's. Going to go with those when I level my 2015.

Would like to see a side by side or overlay comparison of the size on the Kryptonite vs the cognito if anyone has those 2 laying around

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Kryptonite has lifetime warranty for original buyer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ordered a set of Kryptonite UCA's from the DMAX store should be in next week. Will post up he results when I get them on.

Nothing wrong with the cognito UCA's had them on my 2011 for 90k. Just like the Kryptonite ball joints and the warranty

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cognito ball joints only last 30-70k if you actually use your truck like a truck. Not over cranked and not with massive tires. I have replaced them what I consider prematurely on every set of arms I have installed. Same bs with their tie rods. Kryptonite is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Cognito ball joints only last 30-70k if you actually use your truck like a truck. Not over cranked and not with massive tires. I have replaced them what I consider prematurely on every set of arms I have installed. Same bs with their tie rods. Kryptonite is the way to go.
Agreed about the Cognito (Moog) Ball joints. When I put a set of Cognito UCA's on my 02, I tossed the Moogs and put in the Raybestos/Spicer (#500-1062) UBJ's instead. They're still on the truck and going strong.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The Moog's in my cognito's didn't last 15k miles, and that was before the 35s and cranking. What's the sense of a warranty if you need to remove them, send them back, wait for replacements, and still pay the shipping? You're better off just tossing them and paying for the new ones at $35.
I switched to the Raybestos pro grade also. We'll see how these hold up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
The Moog's in my cognito's didn't last 15k miles, and that was before the 35s and cranking. What's the sense of a warranty if you need to remove them, send them back, wait for replacements, and still pay the shipping? You're better off just tossing them and paying for the new ones at $35.
I switched to the Raybestos pro grade also. We'll see how these hold up.

I hear you. I personally don't like Moog anything. I've been working on vehicles most of my life and have never had any luck with their stuff. To me it's way overrated. I've never had any issues with the Raybestos (Spicer) steering and suspension parts.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm sure I'll be replacing all the Moog's that are still on the truck this year with the Raybestos uppers, and HD tie rods. Just did the tie rods this spring with Moog's, but it was a time/ money issue, I already had sleeves and for $120 I did both inners and uppers. I'm sure I'll tear them up soon and be clear of Moog components.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sure as shit! I just tore the inners up, time to rethink the whole front end again. They didn't even make it for an oil change.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Curious as to how many of you have had a Cognito ball joint failure since the revision in 2013? Meaning your control arms or ball joints were purchased after the revision of the ball joint? Since the revision, there haven't been many warranty/return claims on them per Cognito, and most of the claims the joint was actually still good. Cognito has been manufacturing the ball joints in house for a while now.. Every moving product has a service life affected by several things (Tire/Wheel package, salt, weather, sand, cracked seal, lack of maintenance ect). 90% of the failed joints that I see, are lack of maintenance from the owner.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Vehicle set up, warn or damaged front end components and front end overall maintenance are a big factory for any Ball joint life expectancy.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Mine are the old version cognito's , the original ball joints ( which my understanding was they looked like Moog's )didn't last very long and that was with stock PYOs and 265's, no cranking. Then they were replaced with Moog's PS, they didn't last very long either, BUT some of that time was spent leveled with 315's. The pro grades that are now in there are still tight and showing no signs of wear, although it's been way less than 5k.

·
Registered
414 Posts
It seems like no one likes the Cognito. Hell I just ordered and paid for their 4"lift. Is it just the ball joints in the A arm that is bad?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
It seems like no one likes the Cognito. Hell I just ordered and paid for their 4"lift. Is it just the ball joints in the A arm that is bad?
The kryptonites are a cognito copy...the ball joint is the only difference. I just ordered a set of kryptonites for my cognito lift..they will be in tomorrow

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.