Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas, I need some advice from those of you who have or have been around the small kubota diesel engines. Im looking at picking up a G6200 Diesel lawn tractor. It has the 16 hp 3 cyl liquid cooled diesel. I am looking at two of em. The one has 1500 hrs and the other has 930. The 1500 job they are asking $1500. The 930 hour job they are asking $2200. My question is

A) How long do these little bastards run. I've heard stories of 5000 hours and more. Do these have a lot of life left if main't was good?

B) Do any of you have/ had them and how did you like them?

C) Do those prices seem reasonable for that age tractor?

Thanks!:drink

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i can see it now.....efi, lift pump, steering components. boosted lawn-ches in no time. :p
i actually looked it up and its pretty freaking cool. im gonna look at youtube for a sound clip lol

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Kubota are great tractors it sounds pretty reasonable they run good as long you keep up on the maitance they ll last you a long time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I used to run a fleet of diesel kubotas. We had 4 diesel zero turn mowers, 1 diesel lawn mower, 2 diesel RTVs, and 2 diesel Ag tractors. All of them ran great and had very few problems. Half of them have over 1,000 hours now and still going strong. Those prices don't seem too bad. Keep up with the maintenance and they'll have plenty of life left.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My parents have a Steiner lawn tractor with a 3 cylinder 25 horse Kubota diesel in it. Pretty sure it has 2500 or so hours on it that thing is bulletproof. Runs like new and sounds good. For 16 g's it had better be good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
458 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid to spend my money on orange. We've had three small Kubota tractors over the last twenty years. Never an issue. So I bought some more. 4-5000 hrs easy just keep it serviced.

Tractor Agricultural machinery Vehicle Farm Shed

Land vehicle Vehicle Transport Car Automotive wheel system

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
613 Posts
its got a kubota

Attachments

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
They run forever. We have some at work in small tractors that have over 10,000 hours on them. They run 10+ hours a day 7 days a week.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Kubotas are great! Got a medium size front loader tractor and we use for everything like cutting grass, brush hogging, snow clearing, hauling etc. Runs great and has yet to let us down. Plus I love smelling diesel from the stack lol im wierd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts