Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1344 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Sounds like an ECM exchange so I would suggest buying a new spare one and sending that to them. Keep the original cause ya never know. So a little more expensive than a unlock but shouldn't be too pricey

"Simply send us your ECM (or a new spare one) and we will exchange it for a HP Tuners modified ECM giving you full access to calibrate, log and scan with your MPVI2 and VCM Suite 4!"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like an ECM exchange so I would suggest buying a new spare one and sending that to them. Keep the original cause ya never know. So a little more expensive than a unlock but shouldn't be too pricey

Simply send us your ECM (or a new spare one) and we will exchange it for a HP Tuners modified ECM giving you full access to calibrate, log and scan with your MPVI2 and VCM Suite 4!

Actually very pricey....

https://www.hptuners.com/product/l5p-ecm-exchange-service/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
$2.5k... still better than the $5k I expected for an aftermarket ECU.
I agree, its cheaper than I thought it would be especially for an initial release price. When some competition arrives the price will come down. I'm just glad we have made some significant progress on real tuning.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
LML tuning was around 2 grand when it first came out. Give it some time; others will dive in (EZ Lynk and the like) and the price will drop.

Curious as to if they have access to emissions tables. I'm sure Nick tuned it with all emissions garb in tact.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
It has been a long time getting any L5P tuning. That has to be because it isn't easy to do. With all of that time invested it is understandable that the first one out of the gate will be pricey. As soon as there are other options the price will come down to something more like we are used to.

If they offered something for $500 they would be swamped with orders. I suspect there is a limit on what they can supply so why not sell to those who have money to burn first.

I believe I would neither send them my ECM or a new one. I'd get one from a junk yard to exchange. I haven't done any pricing but I would think since they are not very useful right now they may be going cheaply.

This isn't quite the totally open system I predicted by the end of the year. It is close but I won't claim to be a prophet yet. There is more to do before I can bask in glory.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
From what I've read, you have to send in either your current ECM or a new one, HP sends you a cracked one back, then you have to take it to a dealer after you install it and have Vehicle Anti-Theft System relearn by a dealer tool. Once you've spent the $2499 for the ECM and what ever it cost to have the Anti-theft Relearn done for a WAG price of $150. So at this Point you are at $2649 spent and now you have to find a tuner that uses the HP Tuners VCM Suite 4 and MPVI2 to tune your [email protected] the low low price of ??

No where does their literature state anything about Deleting the DPF, or DEF and exhaust replacement. By design, but there is no mention of the ability to disable EPA anything.

IMHO, I'm going to wait and see what flushes out from other vendors. Be nice to hear that EFI live is working on something but I haven't heard or read a thing on them for the L5P.

I'd hate to spend upwards of 5K and still have a def tank/stock exhaust and a tune that's comparable to the inline foolers that are out there.

Maybe Kory will figure something out with this HP tuners ECM that would prove to be a winner.

Mike

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
This isn't quite the totally open system I predicted by the end of the year. It is close but I won't claim to be a prophet yet. There is more to do before I can bask in glory.
No need to be a prophet. The industry insiders told us a year ago this would be coming, In fact, they called it to within a couple weeks. Go back and read post #20 and note the date.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
From what it looks like, if the end-user knows how to tune, he will be able to delete with the tuning suite. Unfortunately, I have no idea unless somebody puts out a detailed how to, but that probably won’t happen. I’ll still have to pay somebody for a calibration, but I’m sure that’s coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1161 - 1180 of 1344 Posts